chapter 36: runaway

It's nearly three in the morning and I haven't been able to sleep. I've been planning to get out of this place in someway. I just can't stand it here anymore.

Instead of staying in this room any longer, I put on some shoes and throw some things in a backpack before going to the boys dorm.

I'm glad I figured out what time the guards switch or else I would be waiting in my dorm for awhile.

Instead of knocking on the door, I let myself in Luke's dorm.

"Luke!" I shake his shoulders, waking him.

"What the hell, Sam?" He whisper/yells.

"We're running away. C'mon," I whisper, not wanting to wake Calum.

"We're running away?" Calum speaks behind me.

I turn around, looking at Calum who's still laying in his bed.

"I guess you can join us," I tell him.

"Woah woah woah. Who ever said we were running away!" Luke butts back in.

"Sam did," Calum says.

"We've never talked about this,"

"I know. I've been up all night planning it out. Now get your ass up and get dressed. We're getting the hell out of here."

~*~

After about ten minutes of convincing Luke that we're not going to get caught, him and Calum packed a backpack and we headed out of the dorm. I'm not sure why, but I'm more excited than nervous as apposed to Luke who is questioning every step we take.

Before we left the dorm building, I scoped out the rooftop to see if the pathway to the lake is still opened, which it gratefully is.

"It looks good. Are we ready?" I meet Luke and Calum at the back exit of the building.

"Sam, I'm still not sure if we should do this–"

"Luke, stop being a pussy and let's get the hell out of here," Calum smacks his back before I give him a reassuring smile and lead the way out of the building.

We're finally going to be free by the end of the day. I've dreamt about this day for so many years and it's finally happening.

~*~

We started through the woods, following the path to get us out of this hell hole.

"What if we get caught?" Luke whispers to me.

"Stop playing the 'what if' game and keep walking,"

This caused him to sigh and continue to follow us.

Thankfully the sun is rising, so we don't need flashlights anymore.

"How much longer?" Luke whines.

"Lucas Hemmings!" Calum warns.

"What?" He squeals.

"We are finally out of that place. Shut your mouth and keep walking,"

We finally make it to the lake which is off campus. We're finally out of this place!

"Who wants to go swimming?" Calum yells, dropping his backpack on the ground and taking his shirt off.

"You're so dumb, Calum," Luke rolls his eyes.

"I'm not dumb, I'm just havin' fun," Calum says before running on the wooden deck and doing a front flip into the lake.

"C'mon Luke, we're finally out of there, let's have some fun!" I pat his back before dropping my bag off my shoulders, too and jumping into the water.

As I'm coming up for air, a huge splash of water hits me in the face.

"Lucas Robert!" I yell, wiping my eyes.

"What?" He grins, splashing me again.

"Luke, stop!" I squeal, shielding my face with my hands.

He soon disappears underwater and grabs my legs, lifting me up into the air and dropping me back into the water.

Once I resurface, Calum is yelling for us to get out and continue walking.

We all change into new, dry clothes and continue our journey to go as far away from that school as possible.

~*~

"Do any of you have money?" Calum asks once we get out of the forest.

"Why?"

"There's a motel down the street. If we have enough money we can buy a room and stay there tonight." He explains.

"Um..." Luke says, shuffling through his bag while I do the same.

"I have a five," I pull out the five dollar bill out, showing the two boys.

"I've got a twenty and some change," Luke says.

"This'll be good. I've got some money too, so we can stay there tonight,"

We make it to the motel, heading to the front desk.

We greet the old lady to make our presence known or else we would be awkwardly standing there while she reads her book.

"Fifteen for one night," she tells us.

Luke pulls out his twenty and hands her the money. She takes it, opening the cash register and sliding it in the compartment.

"Room 93," she tells us, pointing down the hall. "Last door on the left."

"Thank you!" We all say in unison before walking down the hall to our room.

~*~

i hate myself for that reference

anyway, this chapter will be continued in the next one

anyways, tell me how you liked this chapter!

btw im starting a new story called girls and it's a calum story. i just posted the first chapter and it would mean a lot if u would go read it and comment

thank you! ily