Forty Eight

Quote:

Your body is a canvas, whatever you choose to paint or place on it is no others business but yours.

******

I knocked on Meg's door and waited for her to open. Two minutes later, I heard some screaming and the door flung open to revive a very enthusiastic Meg.

She looked as if she had just got out of bed (which she had), but she started jumping up and down when she saw me. Them suddenly she threw her arms around me, and I stumbled back in surprise. I patted her back and laughed at her reaction.

It was delightful to see her after months. I went inside and met her parents. And meeting parents in India is a crucial thing, which is followed by a bunch of questions which might not make sense.

"Hello auntie, aap kaise ho?" I asked her mom. (Hello auntie, how are you?)

"Main theek hun beta, tum bolo." Her mom said. (I'm fine, you say) "Kitni bari ho gayi ho Germany jakar." (Look how big you have become after going to Germany)

"Main therk hun auntie." I said back feeling the awkwardness of talking to her mom after ages. (I'm fine auntie)

"Tum there dear aaram karo lo, sham ko pandal hopping chalet jana." her mom said again. (Take some rest, then in the afternoon you can go pandal hopping)

"Okay." I said and pulled Meg up to her room.

I opened her bedroom door and jumped on the bed.

"Let's sleep." I said borrowing my head in her pillow. God I was tired.

"Boo party pooper!" Meg said coming beside me.

"Let me sleep. Tired. Jet lagged." I said and closed my eyes.

Meg nodded and we both fell asleep in her bed.

----------

"Wake up lazy head." Meg said shaking me.

"Yeah? Its hardly morning, stop waking me up." I slurred.

"Its noon, lily wake up."

I sat up on her bed and stared at her. She stared back at me. Okay staring competition? Game on.

Finally I slumped my shoulders in defeat and climbed down the bed.

"We'll go pandal hopping in thirty okay?" Meg said smiling triumphantly.

I nodded, still sleepy and flung open my suitcase. I took put a pair of blue jeans and a sleevless top. Then I went inside her washroom and took a cold shower. Nothing like a cold shower on a hot and humid day.

I stepped out and saw Meg talking on the phone.

"Oh haan to tum aah rahe ho na? Very good. Haan meri friend lily yaad hai na? Vo bhi aah rahi hai." She spoke. (Oh yes, so you are coming right? Very good. Yes my friend lily remember? Ya she is coming too)