chapter 1

Jessicas pov
I was crying so hard as I ran right out the door and down the street, after I was sure that my parents had gone to bed I can't risk getting another beating from them.
Hi, I guess I should introduce my self I'm Jessica Clark I'm 15 years old, and yes I get abused by my parents at home. I'm an only child. Anyways I have long dark brown hair, lightly tanned skin, I'm very short for my age, also although people always tell me I'm gorgeous I don't think I am. Now that you know some basics about me we can get back to the story.
I was running down the street to the only place I could ever feel safe the old vacant lot, which happened to be just down the street from my house. I don't go there often only every now and then when my parents beatings get to bad or I cant stand to stay in the house any longer. After a few minutes of running i finally reached the lot.I started to slow down as i got over to the lot I sat down on the ground at least what I thought was the ground until I heard someone scream in pain and someone jumping in fright. I turned and looked to see a boy with gorgeous dark brown eyes that ressembled one of a puppy that had been kicked to many times, and I knew right then that he gets abused to just by looking in his eyes that looked so much like mine, as we sat there staring into each others eyes. After awhile I dropped my gaze and started to look at him, he had a nice sized scar on his face but it just made him look tuffer and in a way more handsome. He looked to be around my age maybe 16? Then he broke my train of thought by finally speaking, "ummm, excuse me but can you get off my leg?" at that point I finally realised that I was still sitting on his legs.
"Oops.....sorry," I muttered as I got off him.
"It's ok," he said with his beatuiful angelic voice.

Johnny pov
I was just laying down at the old vacant lot trying to sleep cause I didn't want to go home with my folks fighting and risk getting beaten again, but I also didn't want to bother the curtis' brothers again by spending another night at their house so I decided to spend the night in the lot not to far from my house. It doesn't bother me none though I tend to sleep there a lot.
Just as I was about to fall asleep I felt something or someone sit on my leg which not only hurt but scared and caused me to jump. My first thought was that it was the socs but as I looked up I realised it was no soc. It was beautiful girl who looked to be around my age maybe 15? As I stared at her and looked closer I realised she was crying and had several marks onher body and the unmistakble signs of fear in her eyes that I got in my eyes after a beating from my parents, and finally thats when it all clicked she gets beat to. Then all of a sudden I realised that she was still sitting on my leg so to solve that problem and brake the ice between us I asked if she could get off and I got a response of her saying sorry in her sweet silky smooth voice. I told her it was ok, and I then asked her name.
She said,"I'm Jessica Clark, and who are you?"
"I'm Johhny cade," I replied, "I hope you dont mind me asking this, but why are you crying?"
"I'm crying because my parents don't love me and beat me every chance they get!" she exclaimed crying more.
"You to huh?......I get beat by my parents to. I know how you feel," I told her.
"You...you...you do?" she asked me shakily.
"Yes I do," I said.