chapter 9

Johnnys pov

As we got to her house, Jess had started hyperventilating due to her parents car being in the driveway which could only mean one thing....her parents are home.

"Hay Jess keep calm, maybe they aren't even home, maybe they went out somewhere or something. They could have gone for a walk or something," I said to her as she visibly started relaxing a little bit, but was still clearly on edge, and looked as if she were ready to run at any moment. Which I don't blame her for, and in this case I can completely understand why she is like that. After all I know what she is going through, and it is not a very fun thing to go through. Cause its not an easy thing to do at any time to go back to a place that holds so many horrid memories, and is where the people who have caused you so much pain all your life are. Especially when you have finally found somewhat freedom in life. In which this case for her and even me is, being able to go to the Curtis household and be away from all of the pain and torture in our lives whenever we need/want to be.

After a little while, Jess had calmed down enough to start walking, with a little bit of my help, to her front door to get in the house to get her clothes. As she started opening the door, we started to hear shouting coming from upstairs and that's when Jess really started freaking out. Due to the yelling, which now confirmed our supspiocions of her parents being home. After hearing her parents yelling from inside her breathing became very ragged, and she quickly hid behind me out of fear, as the yelling increased. Then what we heard next scared her the worst, as she closed her eyes to block the sounds and tears, we heard a slap noise and someone falling down hard and that really set her off she started bawling hysterically, and that's when I asked her if she had a window that led to her room. I had started forming a plan in my head to get into her to get her stuff. The plan I thought of was, if she had a easily accessible window to her room then I could squeeze through there so I could grab some things that she needs and then go to the Curtis house. After a minute of her thinking and calming down enough to tell me she said that she did, and that there was even a tree right next to the window that could be used to climb up to the window, and as I led her away from the front door to her window I told her about my plan which she gratefully agreed to.

When we finally made it around to where her window was I started to get a little scared, but didn't show it cause I have to stay strong for Jessica, but basically I had to climb up a very thin and old looking tree that seems as if it is ready to fall, up to the third floor to her bedroom. After a minute of getting the courage up, I eventually started climbing the tree. As I climbed up the tree, I could hear the branches starting to break, and that's when I really started to get scared. Luckily though, I had finally reached her bedroom window which was luckily unlocked. I finally managed to shimmy through the window and get into the room. I looked around her room for something to carry her stuff in when I noticed a duffle bag in her closet, so I grabbed it and started to just grab a bunch of different clothes and toiletries for her. After I was done, I walked towards the window and I started to go out, and that's when things took a turn for worst. That's when he parents burst into the room screaming at each other, but luckily they hadn't noticed me. I guess they were still to engrossed in their argument to notice me. As I started to go down the tree, which luckily I mananged to get out of the window without them noticing, I could hear her parents talking and asking/yelling at each other about where Jess was. After I heard that, I quickly scurried down the tree to avoid any other further chatastrophe for me tonight as well as Jess, and I grabbed her hand and ran away down the street to the Curtis house, with one of each of our hands intertwined and her duffle bag in my other hand, to get as far away from her parents as I possibly could. Well I think it is safe to say that tonight was very......eventful to say the least....the very least.

A/N: ok so late merry Christmas everyone. I hope yall had a good one. plus I got a laptop so I can now update easier and faster so hopefully I can more chapters up faster now. so anyways a few of you have be voting and commenting and all and thank you so much for that. that makes me so happy seeing that so keep it up yall. but this isn't what I feel to be my best chapter so comment and let me know how it was please. also go check out my other story I'm writing please and vote and comment on that one to please. btw its a personal book and not a fanfic though just so you know.