chapter 6

As we got back to the curtis house, Darry, Sodapop, and Steve immediately ran inside and got ready for work. As for the rest of us, we all just went inside and sat on the couch watching Mickey Mouse. After a few minutes of the boys running around, they were finally ready and headed out the door, after saying by to everyone and getting into Darry's truck to get dropped off at the DX.
After a while of just sitting on the couch bored out of my mind, I decided to go to the DX.
"Hay y'all I'm going to the DX to hangout with Sodapop and Steve. Anyone else want to come with?" I asked.
"I'll come with," said Johnny.  Great! Now I can finally ask Johnny why he got so upset at the dingo, if no one else comes with I mean, don't get me wrong I love the guys, but I really wanna know what upset Johnny so much. Hopefully, he will tell me if and when I get to ask him on the way there.
"Nope! Sorry me and Two-Bit are gonna head to Bucks place and hunt some action," Dally told us with an obnoxious smirk.
"Sorry, I can't, I gotta do my homework before for Darry gets home, other wise he'll skin me," said ponyboy which was weird saying as it's Saturday but oh well. Yes! Now I can ask Johnny what was wrong.
"Ok, well lets go then Johnny," I said while getting up and walking out the door.
"Ok. comin," I heard Johnny say, as he got up and followed me out the door.
"Hay Johnny if you don't mind, I'm probably going to stop by my house on the way back to the Curtis house and grab some clothes and toiletries and such, to bring to the Curtis house and see if I can stay with them for a while," I told him.
"Ok, I guess I'll come with ya then; don't want you getting hurt by your parents," he told me.
"Awh! Thanks Johnnycakes," I said.
"Your welcome Jesss," he said smiling at me slightly.
"Hay Johnny, I was wondering what got you so upset at the Dingo earlier?" I asked him. With that question, the smile instantly fell off his face and he looked down at the ground for a while just thinking I guess.
"Look, Jess, your probably gonna hate me and wanna hit me to for this, but I really like you and I know that we only met just a few days ago, but I already have feelings for you and I don't know why, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I like you!" he exclaimed running his hands through his hair in frustration with himself. I can't believe he thinks that I would hit him for liking him liking me, and I also can't believe he thinks I wouldn't like him!! I mean who wouldnt like him.....well maybe his parents, but you know what I mean!
"Look, Johnnycakes I like you to, a lot actually, and I would never, ever hit you for liking me!" I told him with a smile on my face, as I watched a smile appear on his face again, in which was just as big as the one on mine.
"Well in that case Jessica Clark will you do me the honor of being my girl?" he asked me with hopeful eyes as he held out his ring for me to take, you know the guys signature rings that they give to their girls when they date.
"YES JOHNNY CADE I WILL BE YOUR GIRL!" I screamed back at him.
"What took you so long to ask?" I asked him, as I took his ring from him and put it on, it was a perfect fit! It's Almost as if we were made for each other!
"I guess I was just scared of you rejecting me," he replied sheepishly, while rubbing the back of his neck due to his nerves.
"Well Johnny Cade, you don't ever have to be afraid to tell me something or ask me anything ever, got it," I asked/told with a smirk on my face.
"Got it," he said back with a nod, and with that he grabbed my hand and started swinging our arms as we continued our walk to the DX, while we both grinned like idiots.