chapter 4

Johnnys pov
I woke up the next day with the feeling of someone next to me. That's when I realised who it was, it was Jessica. I open my eyes and look down to see she was still asleep she is so perfect.....I think I like her. It's just like when we first met that one fateful night and I'm so glad that I happened to sleep in the lot that night otherwise I would have never met her. Wow, listen to yourself Johnny your starting to go soft.
I was in the middle of an internal battle on whether I really am going soft or not when I all of a sudden felt her stir and when I looked down I saw her beautiful face staring at me.
"Morning sleeping beauty," I told her quietly since everyone else in the house was asleep still.
"Morning Johnny," she said in a groggy voice trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes which just made her look even more adorable.
Just as I was about to ask if she wanted to go get breakfast I heard someone speak, "wha?.....what time is it?" Of course dally had to interrupt our moment!
"Its 8:00 a.m.," Jessica told him.
After that I lost all courage to ask Jessica to get breakfast some place with me, specially now since the gang just woke up and came in after dal interrupted me. I can't risk them finding out about me liking Jessica cause they will never leave me alone about it and I can't risk Jessica finding out I like her from one of the guys.
Jessica's pov
"Well since were all awake now i'm starving lets go to the dingo or somewhere to eat," I said I got a chorus of okays and yea sures and with that we headed out the door and down to the dingo. As we were walking, Bob and his soc friends came driving by in their mustang throwing empty beer bottles at us and cursing. Thus, causing the gang to throw things like rocks and such back at them that they found on the sidewalk next to them and cursing at them as well.
"Dang socs need to stay on their side of town. Were gonna have to set a rumble this week to show them to stay out of our side," Steve said. With that the boys started talkin bout the rumble their gonna set that's when I noticed Johnny wasn't joining in the conversation, and was actually looking quiet pale and was shaking kinda like how I looked after I got beat by my parents the first time. I shivered at the memory and decided to go talk to him.
"Hay Johnnycakes, if you don't mind me callin ya that, why are you shakin so much?" I asked him. You could clearly hear the concern and confusion in my voice.
"N..n..no I..I don't m..mind you cal...callin me t..that," he said smiling slightly,"T..t..t..those w..w..were t..the guys w..who g..gave me this s...scar. The o...ones I t..told you ab..about the f..f..first t..time we m..met. The o..ones...who a..almost beat m..me to de..death," he told me quietly while looking at the floor and grimacing at the memory.
I instantly felt hot anger flow through my veins as I processed what he told me. I can't believe those were the guys who did that to Johnny! Sweet, adorable, gentle nice, innocent, little Johnny! In that moment I realised something, I like Johnny Cade.
"Really? I'm so sorry Johnny that you had to go through that, but if you ever need to talk to anyone about it i'm here for ya," I told him meaning every word and you could hear it in my voice.
"Thanks Jess.....I hope you don't mind me calling you that?" he said
"Nah, I don't mind Johnnycakes, I don't mind at all," I said back to him.
After walking for a few more minutes, we finally arrived at the Dingo. As we walked through the door some girl came up to Dally and they were talking for a few minutes.
that's when I heard him all of sudden Shout at the top of his lungs,"It's over Sylvia you dumb broad I know you have been two timin me with Tim again!" With that Dally left and came and sat with us in the booth that we sat down at in the back of the dingo.
"What was that Dal?" Sodapop asked.
"Stupid broad Sylvia was cheatin on me with Tim at Bucks party again. Caught them last night behind the bar makin out," Dallas said like nothin happened.
"Oh i'm sorry....you ok Dally?" I asked.
"Yea whatever i'm fine anyways lets eat i'm starvin" he said to us.
We ordered 8 burgers, 8 fries, and 8 milkshakes.
We sat there just eatin when all of a sudden a greaser boy, who looked yo be about 18-19, came up to me and said with a wink. Here ya go baby....just in case you ever get bored of all these boys I'll show you what a real man is,"and with that he left.

A/n: just sayin im not amazing with grammar so if there are any spelling mistakes or anything i try to fix them when i edit but i miss most of them so just ignore em.