When I Woke Up Alone, I Had Everything. - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Angel's Grace. 

*~[Brooke's POV]~*

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I yawned. It was way too early to be getting up. I rolled out of my bed and slammed my fist onto my alarm clock, which glared 6:15am. I dragged myself to my light switch and head butted it. I winced as my eyes burned, adjusting to the brightly lit room. I ruffled my hair and dragged myself into the bathroom. I threw some cold water on my face and grinned into the towel. I'm only 12, and I'm going to the greatest theme park in the UK.

"Brooklyn!" My eldest brother, West, flew into my room.

"Oh my! West, you idiot! Just because you can teleport, doesn't mean you can do it in my room!" I scowled at him as he smirked back at me, then vanished back downstairs. I smelt my mother's delicious breakfast of pancakes waft into my room. I got changed out of my bright blue pyjamas and into a light pink vest top, white cardigan and black jeans; I brushed my blond hair back and styled it into a messy bun, added a white flower grip into it and put a little touch of make-up on. Still half asleep, I packed a bag of my necessities; I slipped on my ballet pumps and ran downstairs, eagerly awaiting my pancakes.

After around half an hour of eating and talking about the day ahead to my mother and West, I cleaned up and headed back upstairs to relax. My room was the only place I could keep my thoughts to myself. I glanced to my clock and saw it was only 7am, without even realising, I let my mind wander. I liked to think about how different I was to the other humans. You see, I'm an angel of The Lord. I wasn't old enough yet to be a proper servant yet, I needed to be at least 200. We can change our appearance when we feel like it, which can come in really handy sometimes. I don't have many powers, just incredibly shadowy, black wings and the power to heal someone once in a while... I think, I don't know if that's just a rumour. I couldn't wait to be able to go to heaven, or teleport, or be able to carry an angel dagger!

"Brooke! We're going to be late!" My mother yelled from the front door. I sprang out of bed and ran downstairs, jumping the last three steps. I skipped outside, and my mother, West, and my other elder brother, Sebastien, all smiled at me as I locked the door.

"Did you bring the tickets?" My mother asked, with a worried expression weaved into her beautiful blue eyes. No wonder some people mistake us for twins. I pulled the four tickets out of my pocket and handed them to her.

"Yes, mother..."I sighed, and she took them, she then placed one hand on my shoulder and we all flew to the theme park.

3.659 seconds later, we arrived at the huge car park near the entrance to the magical land. I smiled as I saw the hoards of people unpacking their children and backpacks from their cars. We walked towards the entrance, gave the cashier our tickets and were let in to the park. We got in about an hour before the whole park opened, so we could only wander around for a while; so much for being late.

"Okay, I'll meet you ALL here in half an hour okay? I'm going to meet Castiel... He said he would be here too..." My mother trailed off as she started to walk away from me. Castiel was my father, by the way. They'd been married since forever, which I loved. But this week he'd been doing some work for heaven away from home.

"That's fine. I'll just stand here on my own for a while, don't mind me." I replied sarcastically, mainly to myself, as I watched West and Sebastien running off in separate directions. I knew that my parents be doing embarrassing kissing and such, so I decided to stay away. Father had been gone for around 3 weeks, so I suppose I could let them off. I didn't fancy following my brothers because I'd only bother them. As I glanced idly around the grounds, a small souvenir stand caught my eye.

I fished out a £10 note from my bag as the stand was pulling me in. I walked a little closer to the stand, keeping my eyes on a certain bracelet set; all coloured baby blue. Yeah, they're really pretty...