Everybody knows There's A Party At The End Of The World. - Chapter 4

I skipped up the stairs and I knocked on door 221b. The vacuuming noise coming from the room stopped and the door opened. Now I knew Ruby was a demon, I had no idea what I should do. 

"Why, hello, ditcher. I buy you all front row tickets and you just run off without me. What a friend you are." She gave me an evil look.

"Look, Ruby, I'm sorry." I said sincerely, as I walked in and pulled a suitcase out onto my bed and began packing.

"What are you doing?" She asked me angrily, and leaned against the vacuum in the middle of the dorm.

"Well..." I began, and decided I should probably just tell her and get it over with.

"You know how we... ran off? Well... we met All Time Low." I mumbled nervously, and Ruby's eyes widened.

"No way. That's bullshit and you know it." She accused, and I shook my head. I thought for a moment... Maybe Kelly was lying about the whole demon thing. Maybe she was jealous of our friendship. The best way to get out of all this is to use the oldest demon identifier in the book.

"Christo." I muttered under my breath. I watched as Ruby twitched at Christ's name, and then scratched the back of her arm. 

It was true. She was a demon.

"What did you just say?" Ruby snapped. 

"No, um nothing. Um, me, Stella and Kelly... are going on tour with them. We'll be back in about a, month or two, or three....?" I trailed off.

"You're SO hilarious, Brooke! The truth is, you guys just want to get away from me, right? If you wanted to move out, you could have just said so!" She growled, and I backed up a couple steps.

"No, no. That's not it. Look out your window. See, that's the tour bus!" I pointed out the window. Ruby stared at the guys for a while, Alex and Jack looked like they were fighting for the last piece of banoffee pie.

"Well, what about your future, Brooke? You can't just run about with these guys and make that a living. What about your classes? What about me?" Ruby asked quietly.

"Calm yourself. I'm not going to be gone forever. I'm behind on all my work anyway, so I'll just pull out for a few months, I'm taking all my revision guides too." I said as I piled all of my course work papers into a bag.

"No problem." I smiled.

"Well... Fuck you." My eyes widened as Ruby's tone of voice suddenly changed. 

"I'm not saying that your spot as my roommate will be open for you when you get back, Brooke. You're pretty much all leaving me for some idiots you knew round five years ago. Fuck you and All Time BLOW." She sneered. I saw her eyes flick a dark, intense black. This was it. I grabbed my holy water from my bag, opened to bottle and drenched Ruby in it, he skin started steaming and she started yelling. I literally threw everything I had into my three suitcases and ran out of the door. 

"Castiel!" I shouted into thin air, hoping my dad heard me. Within seconds, my father was stood in front of me. I reached out and hugged him tight.

"BROOKE NOVAK! YOU ARE A SPITEFUL, EVIL, LITTLE BITCH!" I heard Ruby scream as my father gripped me tighter.

"I guess I arrived at the right time." He looked down at me and smiled. 

"Who was that?" He asked.

"It... It was Ruby. Ruby as in THE Ruby." I stuttered. My father's eyes widened as he grabbed my hand and teleported outside. 

"What were you doing with her? Didn't you recognise her? Did she hurt you? Are you okay?" My father fired questions and me left, right and centre. Before I had time to answer, Kelly and Stella ran up to us.