Who Could Deny These Butterflies? - Chapter 11

*~[Brooke's POV]~*

I stood, laughing at Alex. He'd apologised for how he'd acted before, he apologised to Stella, me and even West. He was now prancing around an arcade game. 

"Brooke! Please, please, PLEASE play with me at the zombies? Pleaseee?" He pleaded and made his lower lip tremble and I sighed.

"But what about Pac-Man over there?!" I whined.

"Zombies!" Alex stamped his foot like a spoilt toddler. 

"Okay. Flip a coin. Heads: I win. Tails: you lose." I reasoned. 

"Fine!" He responded, blatantly walking into my trap. He flipped the coin. 

"Tails! You lose!" I cheered.

"What? Brooke!" I heard Alex shout. 

"Later!" I said, walking off. I didn't get very far until Alex was ahead of me, picking me up and carrying me back to the zombie game. I wriggled around in his grip but it was no use. He picked up some cash that Rian left us when we were bickering. 

"The earth has turned into a place of fear. Now it's up to you to SAVE THE WORLD." Alex read off of the screen in an immature voice as the game started up. Zombies just started flying out of nowhere and I shot them best I could. 

"Alex! My gun!" I shouted as it stopped working. 

"Shoot off the screen to reload, B!" He shouted back. 

"I knew that!" I lied, and started stealing Alex's kills. My gun then just stopped working all together.

"I'll save you, miss!" Alex said, rapidly shooting the zombies.

"My hero." I said sarcastically, and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, I'm saving you from zombies munching on your flesh and all you can give me is a sarcastic comment?" He scoffed as he shot the heads off the zombies. 

"That's all you're gonna get" I muttered as I watched him shoot the zombies.The screen filled with the words "WINNER!"

"JALEX!" Jack cheered from the corner, and he bowed.

"Thank you, thank you." He grinned. He ran over to Chris to give him a competition on who could grab the most prizes from the claw game. 

We played almost all the games in the arcade by the time it was dark. We went to the nearest McDonald's restaurant and ordered banquet fit for the royal family. Alex had won 3 large prizes from the claw game, whilst Chris had won 5.

"YOU MCFUCKED UP." Jack shouted over a huge purple whale as the cashier gave him a strawberry milkshake instead of a banana one. I slunk back down in my seat, trying not to be seen with Jack. 

"Mmm..." Alex grumbled as he bit into his Big Mac. Kelly and Chris then joined us after Jack, but Kelly slipped and dropped one of her chicken nuggets.

"WHERE DID I GO WRONG, I LOST A FRIEND." Kelly sang The Fray's 'How To Save A Life' to the lonely chicken nugget on the floor, causing a scene. She only shut up when one of the workers ran over and gave her 5 extra chicken nuggets. She squirmed into her seat next to 3 other massive stuffed animals Alex had dragged along with him from the arcade.

"I was so hungry!" I laughed as I took a huge chunk out of my burger. 

After we had all finished eating, we began to make our way back to the coach. Alex, Chris, Jack, Zack and Rian began adding an extra 'ingredient' into their milkshake, but I didn't really want to know.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. GRAVEyard hahaha enjoy that cyanide milkshake." Jack laughed as Chris finished pouring the rest of the blood package into the milkshake and stirred it with his straw, glaring at Jack. They normally drink really discreetly, like when we're asleep, or when they go out for a while without us. This time, they obviously wanted to get on our nerves. 

"Repulsive." Stella commented as Rian slurped on his (now) new flavour of milkshake. Jack yawned, and Alex wrapped his arm around him as we walked into the car park, everyone was worn out from the tiring day. 

I got in to the coach and didn't even bother to get changed, I collapsed on a bed and curled up into a little ball, and I fell asleep almost instantly. 

*~*~*~*~*