Chapter 45 : Part 1

Chapter 45 will be split into parts due to my busy schedule and regular updates. Please ignore any errors or typo. Thank you all, love ya!

*Smoking is injurious to health. It causes cancer. Smoking kills!*

.....

The girls joined the boys for evening snacks on the terrace.

"Yo babes! I hope we don't outnumber you tomorrow! We've got quite a numbers to perform on," Aarav told them.

"That's the thing na Aarav! You guys had to practice! We already know what we are going to do," Keya replied.

"Whatever you guys do, make sure its better than my in laws!," Sakshi said.

"Talking about in-laws! Where the hell is our Jeeju han?," Tanya asked her.

"Well he had gone to Delhi for some work. He'll be back tonight. I'll ask if he can meet us up," she blushed.

When they were done eating, the servant came up and told Sakshi, "Dadaji is awake. Sir is calling Keya didi and you."

"Okay we'll be right there," she told him.

Keya took a deep breath.

"You've got this okay," Krish spoke to her, "Don't worry about anything! Be yourself."

"He'll love you," said Vivan.

"Yep," Keya said before leaving with Sakshi.

It was just her grandfather and uncle in the room when they reached.

"Here are my girls," her uncle said and called them nearer.

"Dadu why do you keep doing this? You must listen to the doctor! How will you enjoy my wedding otherwise? Don't you want to dance with me?," Sakshi asked him.

"Sorry my little angel! But what to do, at this age, all I want to do is relax and be free, not get my skin punctured by so many needles!," he said.

"You'll soon be fit as a fiddle!," Sakshi told him.

"Sakshi, the caterers are here, let's go finalise the menu for tomorrow?," her father told her. Sakshi knew the main intention was to give Keya some alone time with Grandpa.

Once they were gone, Keya and her grandfather kept staring at each other.

"Sorry I mistook you for your mother. It were the drugs acting up on me," he finally broke the silence.

Keya smiled slightly, old man will never leave his pride.

"Don't I do resemble her though?," she asked.

He looked at the girl in front of him and he couldn't deny she did. Even his daughter was around the same age when she had left the house. Keya did look a lot like her mother.

"You do," he smiled.

"You are not mad at me?," Keya asked. She did not know what to talk but she knew her grandfather was always mad, so might as well ask.

"Why should I be mad at you? What wrong have you little girl ever done?," he asked.

"Exactly! So why didn't you come to see me when I was born?," she asked and he was taken aback.