Chapter 60

It was the weekend after the wedding and before everyone resumed work.

Everyone but Vivan. He was in the office with Vansh. Vansh was starting a new venture with Simran but before that he had to guide Vivan with his new projects.

Krish was with them too.

Aarav on the other hand had met with Vivan's mother and Simran.

So Varun and Aanya were left incharge of the baby.

Varun was sitting on the swing while Aanya played with Karan on the bed. She was making weird faces and talking in baby voice which made Varun smile and eventually laugh.

"Your uncle is finding something very funny baby," Aanya continued to speak similarly, "Do you wanna ask him why? Ask why.. why? Why chachu?"

Karan went from a smiling face to a straight face and kept humming.

He didn't understand any other word apart from 'chachu', so he looked at Varun.

"Awww," Varun was touched, "My baby knows who his chachu is. Come here my champ!"

Varun went over and picked him up, then slept on the bed and made Karan sit on his stomach.

"Chachu was smiling because he found you and Aanya very cute," Varun confessed.

"Oh my goodness baby, your chachu found someone other than your mother cute. Lucky us!," Aanya teased.

Varun dramatically covered Karan's ears, "Aunty Aanya please don't corrupt me with your naughtiness!"

Both of them laughed and Karan followed which made them laugh even more.

They continued to play with him and his toys.

Aanya had not failed to observe that Varun never let go of her side. If she wasn't at home, she was with Varun. He used to take her out everyday claiming he wanted to explore the hidden gems of the city. And if they didn't go out, they would be spending the time at home playing PlayStation or binge-watching shows.

She wasn't so weak that loneliness would have got to her but neither was she so strong that she could have done without him. It was really considerate what he was doing for her.

She didn't expect anyone else to understand her situation. For some people thought that she was so strong that she wouldn't care a darn about what happened and move on while some thought she was too fragile to even trust again.

The truth was she was somewhere in the middle.

She has been exposed to loving someone so love wasn't a feeling she wanted to eliminate from her life, she did wanna love again but at the same time, she sure would be paranoid in her future relationships.

Having a friend like Varun made it easier. He understood this part of her. She was growing attached to another person again, but she didn't fear it. Maybe that's coz it's only friendship and not feelings, she thought to herself.

"What are you thinking?," Varun asked breaking her thoughts.

"Nothing," she smiled at him.

"Look Karan, Aunt Aanya is trying to hide something from us. As he why? Why? Why you hide?," Varun told Karan.

"Dude I think his first word would be Why!," Aanya joked.

"Shut up and tell me now," Varun pressed.

"Well I was thinking, maybe I should download Tinder afterall" she said and pressed her laughter.

"Oh you don't have to," Varun said.