Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality

Boxing.

Growing up in a family where your father is a negligent freak.

Your sister has to face what no innocent child deserved.

Your mother silently tolerating the injustice.

Your girlfriend breaking up with you because she didn't see a future with you.

Boxing helped in taking out the frustration.

I had been throwing punches at my punching bag since about thirty minutes now.

My punches were directed at the ever single time my father lied to my mother. Every punch was a punch to the shortcomings of our society towards handicapped children. Each punch was a punch to the complains of your girlfriend of you being least bothered about the future.

I was just exhausted now.

What could I do to make things right?

I had to do something! Or was it true what my girlfriend says, I'm good for nothing.

I had zoned out now. I could only see a red bag. Nothing else.

It wasn't until a loud shout out of my name that I stopped. I held the bag and started deep breathing.

"Bhaiyya?," The owner of the voice spoke again.

I turned around and saw my little sister at the door. How much did she love to chase me around the house and now she is confined to the wheelchair.

"Sorry I was too much into it," I told her, "What happened?"

"Dad is back. Mom and he are fighting," she said.

"You go to your room. I'll go see what's happening," I told her and she followed.

I splashed water on my face, dried myself, put on a t-shirt and went outside.

I went into the kitchen where they were fighting.

Ignoring them I opened the fridge, took out some milk and prepared my protein shake.

They stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I sipped on my shake and said, "Continue please."

"Your mother and I are discussing something. Leave us alone," he said.

"Are you? Since when do people discuss over their voices?," I asked, "And didn't you bother to do this discussion of yours in private when your teen daughter was listening to you guys too?"

"Raj just go to your room," he shouted.

"Raj stays!," Mother said.

"When he earns a penny and contributes to this house, he very well can!"

Now that hurt.

"He's studying! I'm sure once he's done he'll be more capable than you ever were," Mom told him off.

"We'll see!"

"Yes you'll see," I spoke, "I've already gotten admission in one of Mumbai's top B-Schools."

"You guys are not moving to Mumbai!," Dad made it clear.

"How can you not let us? Doctor's have recommended the rehab centre and it's closer to Mumbai. You anyway spend most of your days their!," I said.

Mom heavily sighed and said, "You aren't answerable to us now. You won't be then. Please for our daughter's sake!"

How could she have so much of patience? I would have never even allowed such a man to stand in front of me.