Chapter 14

Manya's POV:

"Manya Ahhuwalia, will you marry me?"

The tears I was holding back started flowing. Rajeev, what have you done?

After Sameer, I never thought I'd get those jittery feelings again. I never thought that some other guy's feelings would ever matter to me so much. But yes, I did care about Rajeev.

He isn't the only guy who had expressed his love for me after Sameer went away, there have been a couple more, but they gave up on my stubbornness while Rajeev, he stayed. He used just one weapon to fight my stubbornness and win his fight- the weapon of love.

I never thought anyone would love me like this again.

But will I be ever able to love once again? Will I be able to do justice to his love?

Well if I don't try I'd never find out right? It's an unchangeable truth that no one can ever take Sameer's place in my heart but can't I create a new place for Rajeev?

Would I do injustice to Sameer's love if I do so? Well, the answer to this I know.

If this were happening to Sameer, I surely would have wanted him to move on.

This was it. I had to make a decision.

I closed my eyes pushing away the tears. I opened them and looked around , my sisters - they never let me be sad for a moment when I was in the house. Keya who was hiding behind Krish to hide her expressions considered me her family. My parents, never have they complained about me. All these people who love me want to see me happy and according to them my happiness would be in marrying Rajeev. Is that true?

I looked at my parents intently, and my mom who was holding back her tears, nodded affirmatively. Their look gave me support. I knew they would accept whatever my decision would be.

Can I trust their instincts?

I looked at Rajeev, his eyes showed a hundred emotions. I tried to find my answers in his eyes. Could I trust him? Whom am I kidding? I can obviously trust Rajeev and now I also trust myself that I can do justice to his love, I can be the ideal wife, I can. Just because he trusts me too and his promises are true.

After taking a breath I finally said, "YES", not breaking our gaze.

Just one word of three letters, but it seemed like the longest sentence I've ever spoken. One world that was gonna change all our lives, forever.

Rajeev shaked his head as to take in what I had said, he was emotionless for a second.

When I finally said yes, there was pin drop silence, but within a matter of seconds, the crowd was roaring out cheers.

For me, everything just froze, it was just me and Rajeev. He took out a black box which had the loveliest golden ring with a small diamond on it. I offered my hand and he slid the ring onto my finger. He got up and surprisingly and softly asked, "YeS??".

Silly boy. Was this that unbelievable? Had I become so hard?

"Well you have already put te ring on.. But still.. You want me to change my decision?", I asked as I put on a smile.

"No.. No.. No..", he freaked out.

A passionate hug followed. This was the first time I was hugging him this way and it felt ..good. I was starting to congratulate myself on my decision when a pair of hands grabbed me.

"Split it up you lovebirds!!", Keya exclaimed!

"My sisters getting married!!!!!!", Tanya pulled me into a hug.