Chapter 53

Keya came home early that day and began to cook after freshening up. Their parents were away for some function.

"You sure you won't need my help?," Shalaka asked.

"Thank you Shalaka but I think I can manage. Why don't you go over to Vivan's place and teach Marc some more recipies," Keya told her.

Reema and Gauri had actually come up with the idea that Marc learnt all the Indian dishes.

Shalaka had been visiting Marc twice a week for the same reason. Both of them are so alike, Keya thought. Selflessly working for the families, never concerned about starting their own.

Her thoughts were broken by Krish, "Can this crook be of any help?"

"Have you ever been?," she asked.

"Neh," he said, "When have I ever come to your rescue?"

"Never in the kitchen," Keya clearly said.

"Then let me," he asked.

"Fine. You can make the raita.," Keya told him.

"So raita phailane ka kaam mera," he said and made Keya laugh. It was an idiom which meant 'to jeopardise'.

"You as it is were going to spread it on your relationship," she said.

"That. Was a genuine mistake and I apologise!!," he said, "I don't know what took over me."

"Well Tanya forgave you, so am in no position to be mad at you now. Actually am happy, that you give that much damn to your relationship that you are bothered by these silly things."

"Your mind works on some different frequency, doesn't it?," Krish said.

"Now shut up and help me," Keya told him.

"What are you doing there?," he asked and went over to her station.

"I knew you would never help," Keya laughed and shook her head.

"So I am now placing these potatos at the bottom before putting in the chciken. I'm gonna then put a layer of rice and the fried onions. We will repeat this three times," Keya instructed and continued.

"It would be so much like the old times, wouldn't it?," said Krish, "You and me on a double date."

"Yeah. If we go to think about it," said Keya staring into deep space, "It is all so different but still the same."

"Guess the 'feelings' you always talk about come into play here," Krish said, "The feeling is still the same."

"Have you heard from him?," Keya asked, "Aarav."

"Well nope. Not even Tanya has. Guess he meant it when he said he wants a break," Krish said.

"I hope he doesn't change himself again. It was too hard to get the old Aarav back already," Keya said.

"And we are done here," Krish said sealing the lid of the Biryani and turned to Keya, "He will be fine. Don't worry."

Just then Keya's phone started to ring. Krish reached for it.

"If it is Vivan tell him to be here in twenty. I need to go change now," she said and took out the curd from the fridge.

"Speak of the devil," Krish spoke as he saw the caller ID.

"Is it?," Keya stopped doing whatever she was.

She jumped at her phone taking it from Krish.

"Krishy the onions and tomatos are already cut. Just mix them with the curd. And add the pomegranates and there's even the cut chilly. In the end put some salt for seasoning and add some sugar. I'll take this and get ready," she said and made her way to their room.