Chapter 7 - Two Years And Running

Tonight. It was my and Andrew’s 2 year anniversary. Apparently he had a huge surprise for me.

 “What is it?” I asked him over the phone as I wondered.

 “If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise, now would it?”

“I don’t care. I wanna know.”

“You’ll find out tonight. Be ready by 8.”

I sighed. “Fine.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I started getting ready at 5. I took a nice long shower and washed my hair. When I got out, it was 6. I blow dried my hair then put it in pink curlers. I wore a black and pink high low dress, with black heels. I wore a golden necklace and my nails were painted black. My under garments consisted of, black lace under wear and a strapless matching bra. I took out the curlers and my hair feel to my shoulders as big bold beautiful curls.

I was ready at about 7:30 and decided to spray a little perfume. I put on some light pink lipstick and a little eye liner and blush. At about 7:50 when I was waiting for Andrew, I got a text… from Blake.

 From Blake-

 "We need to talk."

My mind raced. I did the only thing I could think to do. I quickly shut off my phone and resumed waiting on Andrew. He arrived at 8 sharp. When I let him in all he said was "Wow! " before he put a blindfold over my eyes. He led my down the stairs of my apartment building and into his car. We drove about 30 minutes, at first I heard horns and the common noises in the city but then it was super quiet. I small fresh air, trees and grass. Andrew stops the car and comes around to open the door for me.

  “Where are you taking me?” I asked as Andrew held my hands, leading me god knows where.

 “You’ll find out when we get there.”

We walked for about five more minutes. I felt grass and flowers tickle my legs. I heard bugs buzzing around. Finally we stopped. Andrew stood behind me and took the blindfold off of my eyes. Then he put his hands on my waist and whispered in my ear.

 “Open your eyes.”

When I open my eyes I saw a single table with two chairs. It had one candle in the center. There was lights and small beautiful fountain. The table was on a gazebo, which was completely rapped with white lights. There were white, pink and red rose pedals everywhere. As I took  the breath taking the sensory in, I could feel tears building up in my eyes. I turn around and rap my arms around Andrew’s neck and pull him into a deep hug. He raps he arms around my waist and swings me around and I let out a small laugh.

We take our seats at the table and he uncovers the food. We eat and talk for hours. When we are done we lay on the hood of his car. We look up at the stars and embrace each other. He arms around me as I snuggled into his chest. Everything was perfect.

 I sigh heavily when I come to a sudden realization “ I have work in the morning.”

 “Then we should probably head back.” He said getting off the roof of the car. We both spoke softly.

 “No, we haven’t even had dessert.” I pulled on his arm, motioning for him to rejoin me.

 “Well, I was kinda hoping you’d be my dessert” he places a soft kiss to cheek. I smile.

“Cute. But seriously, I want ice cream.”

“We’ll stop by that ice cream shop on the way to my place.”

“Deal” I give him a quick peck on he lips before we race into the car and strap on our seat belts.

It takes about 35 minutes to make it to the ice cream shop. When we walk in its pretty empty, except a pregnant woman with her husband and daughter and an elder couple, probably because it was almost midnight. We approach the counter to place our order. “One scoop of chocolate please.” I say to the lady behind the counter. “And rocky road. Thanks.” Andrew says next. While the woman finds cups to put our ice cream, I hear a familiar voice at the counter next to us.

 “Can I get a pint of chocolate? Thanks” I turn to him standing there… Blake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is standing there with Deandre and I assume they just came back from a game. Blake usually gets ice cream after he loses.

“Hi guys.” Deandre says when he notices Andrew and me. Andrew greets him back. I begin to play with my fingers when Blake turns to face us.

 “What you guys during out this time of night?” Deandre asks curiously.

 “We just came back from a very special night out. Today makes two years together.”

Andrew tells him.

“Woah, congrats.” Deandre and Andrew are the only ones in this conversation. I stare out the ground with the ice cream in my hand and Blake’s eyes wander around the room.

“Thanks man.”

“Can we go now?” I ask Andrew

“Yeah, we should go.” Andrew tells them.

 “Wait!” Blake interrupts as we begin to walk away. What now?

“You guys coming to the pool party next weekend?”

“No, goodbye.” I answer quickly and pull Andrew’s hand to insure that we live before he could say anymore. But I fail miserably.

 “Hold on now. My place next Saturday. Barbeque/ Pool Party. Starts about 3 or 4, leave whenever.” Deandre says

 “I don’t think so. “ I tell him

“Why not? You should go.” Andrew tells me.

“But you have the meeting in New Orleans, remember?” I mention, trying to find an excuse not to go.

“That’s why you should go.”

 “There is no way I’m going without you.”

“Just take Kylie, just go, have a good time. For me?”

“Ok. Fine. I’ll see guys then.” I finally give in.

“I’ll go get the car.” Andrew says taking the ice cream out of my hand.

“Ok” He gives me a quick kiss before leaving. From the corner of my eye I see Blake exhale heavily and roll his eyes. Andrew leaves and Deandre heads to the counter to place his order. Blake and I are standing there, awkwardly. I begin to head toward the exit but Blake grabs my wrist, stopping me from walking away.

 “You look…” He takes a deep breath. “Absolutely stunning.” His eyes scan up and body my body.

“Um…” I clear my throat. “Thank you.” We need car horns. Andrew was waiting for me outside. Blake loosens his grip and I pull away. When I open the door to leave, he speaks up.

“Bye.” At first I plan on walking out without saying anything. But instead I turn to him and return his words.

 “Bye.”