Chapter 50 - Making A Bad Situation Even Worse

Kylie's P.O.V.

I knock on Melanie's bedroom door and wait until I hear her yell, "come in" to enter. I walk over and plop into bed next to her. This is when she has been residing for the past couple of weeks. Behinds bathroom necessities and eating, Mel doesn't leave her room, let alone the apartment. Also, she's turned off her phone and doesn't go on her laptop anymore, totally cutting herself off from the world.

"I have a proposition for you." I say laying next to her.

"Oh yeah? What could that be?" She asks playing with her fingers.

"We should go out tonight."

"That's not really a proposition but a request."

"C'mon" I whine. "It'll be fun."

"I don't know. I'm still fragile. Plus, don't you have a date with Matthew tonight?"

"Yeah, but we'll do that another time. No guy can keep me from spending some much needed girl time with my bff."

"Okay, fine." She says giving in. I squeal.

"We're gonna have so much fun."

"There's one condition."

"Whatever is it I'm cool with it."

"I pick where we go."

"Done." We shake hands. "I'm gonna go call the Reeds." I say but Melanie stops me.

"Actually, can it just be us two tonight?"

"Why? Those girls know to turn up."

"Yeah, but it's just, the only reason we're close with them is because of Blake and tonight I just don't wanna think about him. I wanna be away from anyone or anything having to do with them and it sucks to say but, that includes them and Amber and Maleah."

"Well, there goes my party list. But, it's go night so whatever you want it fine with me." We smile at each other before getting up and then go into our closets looking for something to wear. 

--------------------------------------

Melanie's P.O.V.

"Kylie! I have nothing to wear." I say sighing while sitting on the floor in front of my closet in a pile of clothes.

Kylie comes in pretty much ready, putting on her earrings. "Are you kidding me? You have a ton of clothes."

"Yeah, but I hate all of it."

"You wanna wear something of mine?"

I look her up and down and give a stink face. "Not really."

Kylie rolls her eyes and leaves my room. Within minutes she returns with a heap of dress and dumps them on my bed. "Pick one." She says motioning her hands to the dresses.

I look them over before throwing them left and right around the room. "Nothing? Really?" Kylie asks in disbelief.

I sit on my bed. "I don't know. I'm just not in the mood dress up and pretend like I wouldn't rather be in hibernation." 

Kylie sits down next to me. "I know you're still hurting and that's totally understandable. But you need to get your groove back and start living your life again. Plus, if you keep watching all that Netflix imma need help with them bills." I laugh.

"Okay. But do you have anything better?"

She rolls her eyes playfully at me and gets up to leave again. She walks back to the door and throws a black lace dress at my face before walking off. I take it in my hands and examine it. I smirk a little, knowing this dress was perfect.