Chapter 52 - Birthday Wishes

***4 months later***

I stand in the kitchen, with a bowl full of pancake batter and a bag of small chocolate chips. "How many pancakes do you guys want?" I call to the group in my living room.

"Two." I get from Ashley, Olivia, Kylie and Matthew simultaneously.

In the last four months, when I wasn't finding a new job, I stopped being such a bitch. What that means is I made up with the girls. I figured they were right and if the situation was reverse, and I was in Blake's position I know they'd have my back. And they were right, it wasn't their place to tell me, it was Blake's.

Anyway, I finally found a job. I'm the assistant of a magazine editor. Setting up meetings and getting coffe isn't the most glamorous job, but it pays the bils. Not to mention the cool celebrites I get to meet and the occasional free clothes I get from photo shoots.

30 minutes and ten pancakes later, Ash gets a phone call as everyone else gathers around the dining room table for breakfast. Kylie gets everyone plates and knifes and forks while Matt brings over cups, orange juice and syrup.

As we all fill our plates and take our seats, we turn to Ash whose voice grows in volume and excitement.

"Really?...Oh my god...Wow, congratulations...Yeah, of course...Uh, actually, let me call you back...Okay, bye." Was Ash's conversation before she hung up and turned to us.

"Who was that?" Olivia asked her, already tearing into her food.

"Th-that was Blake." Ash says. I roll my eyes before allowing her to finish. "Brynn gave birth last night."

The rest of the room grasp and instantly fill with joy while I sink down in my chair.

"We need to get to the hospital." Liv says getting up and grabbing her bag. She turns to head out the door and realizes me, staring at fingers as I played with them in my lap.

"Unless..." She begins.

I look up. "Oh no, guys. Don't let me stop you. Go ahead, it's fine."

"Are you sure? I mean, you could come with us." Liv offers.

"No. I can't." I say shaking my head.

"Come on. I'm sure Blake wouldn't mind and would probably be happy if yo-"

I cut her off. "No, Liv. I can't." The rooms goes quiet. "But you guys go." I say attempting to lighten the mood.

"Are you sure?" Ash asks.

"Of course. Go. Blake's waiting."

"Okay." Ash says as she and Liv rush out the front door. Matt follows behind them but stops when he realizes Kylie wasn't behind him.

"Are you coming?" He asks Kylie.

"No. You guys go ahead." She responds, cutting up her pancake.

I jerk my head back. "What are you talking about? Of course you're going."

"No, I'm not. I'm staying her with you." She applies syrup.

"Kylie, I love you. But, it's fine. Blake is your friend too. Go. I know you want to and it'd mean a lot to him."

"Melanie..." She whines sympathetically.

"Kylie, go. I want you to."

"Okay." She gets out of her seat before taking Matt's hand and walking out, shutting the door behind them. I sigh and poke my pancakes with a fork. I lose my appetite and push my plate away. I rest my arms on the table and drop my head on top of it.