Chapter 42 - Indiscretions

The next morning, I sit watching tv on the living room couch. Derek comes in and sits on the arm rest with his back towards me. I turn off the tv and walk over to him. I stand in between his legs with my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. I bend over to kiss him.

"I was about to shower. Care to join me?" I offer.

"I know that was your ex here last night."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw the way he looked at you. I could feel the tension when I walked in and how hurt he looked when he left. It didn't take much to put two and two together."

I sigh. "Listen, I swear I had no idea he was coming. He just showed up out of nowhere. I haven't even spoken to him in months."

"I know. I just didn't want you to feel like you needed to keep something from me."

"That's right. Because you're the best boyfriend ever." I peck his lips. "So, about that shower?" Derek smiles. I pull his arms as he stands and begins to walk with me in the direction of the bathroom.

---------------------------------------------------------

Later that morning, I wear brown zig zap leggings with a tan shirt and black wedge. Blake texted me, so I was meeting up with him. When I walk in the diner I see him sitting by the window. I walk over to him and sit.

"Hi." I greet him.

"Hi."

"What's good here? I was feeling in the mood for pancakes but maybe eggs?"

"Melanie." He says trying to get my attention, I wasn't going to him it to him that easy.

"Oooh, french toast."

"Melanie."

"And a nice side of bacon, turkey, of course."

"Melanie!"

"What?"

"Are we seriously not going to talk about last night?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"How about the half naked guy that came out of your room? Who was that?"

"No. Okay? You don't get to ask me about him. We are not together and that is none of your business."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Blake. Come on. Like you haven't been with somebody since I've been gone." Blake was now quiet. "Or should I say several somebodies?" Again nothing. "What? No smart ass comeback?" Now Blake didn't even look up at me. I knew there is only one reason he would be acting so guilty over something that happened when we clearly weren't together. "Blake...Look at me." After I don't get a respond I put my fingers under his chin and lift it so our eye's meet. "It was Gwen, wasn't it?

"Melanie." He sighs.

"Oh my gosh, Blake." I get out of my seat and storm out. Blake comes chasing after me.

"Why are you pissed at me? You said it yourself. We were broken up!"

"Thanks to her!" I turn to face him. "God, Blake. That is biggest difference between you and me. I would NEVER go screw Andrew, even if we never spoke again. Why? Because I know for a fact it would piss you off and probably even hurt whatever feelings you have. But you? The first thing you do is run to her? To get back at me? Do you know how many groupies would kill to sleep with you? And you had to be with the one person, the ONE person, I can't stand more than anything...That was really fucked up."

I turn to begin to walk away but he yells after me again. "I'm sorry."

"I don't care." I call back. "I don't want to here it. Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie. Do me a favor and go stand at the bottom of the Atlantic for about an hour."