Chapter 33 - He Loves Me/He Loves Me Not

The next morning, I’m up early and pacing in my living room. My mind running all over the place because of my epiphany last night. I love Blake. No. I’m in love with him. But now, how am I suppose to tell him? Was I even going to tell him? I mean we both just got out of relationships not to long ago. And we just became a couple. We just went on our first date. I don’t want him to think I’m rushing this or moving to fast. I don’t want to scare him off by telling him I love him too soon.

I get a call from Blake and hesitant to answer it at first but I do anyway. He says that be would be coming over at and we would spend time together before his game later today. I spent the entire time cleaning. I swept the floor and moped. I wiped down the counters and tables. I threw out trash and put away dirty clothes. I made sure everything had a place and was in its place. I fixed the curtains and rearranged the pillows on the coach. I even spray air freshener. I don’t know why, but I wanted to impress Blake. After the house looked practically spotless, I hop in the shower. I get out and brush my teeth for literally 5 to 10 minutes.

Finally I rummage through my clothes, throwing things out left and right, thinking nothing was perfect enough. I settle on a black and white long sleeve top and high waist black shorts. I wore school girl looking shoes on my feet with knee high gray socks and a long black purse.

Blake gets here a little after one and we’re off. We stop at a café for lunch.

“Hi. I’m Lisa. I’ll be your server today. What will be you having?” The waitress asks us a little after we are seated.

I just order a fruit salad and a glass of water. Blake gets a tuna fish sandwich and chicken noodle soup.

“What’s up?” I ask Blake.

“Game tonight against Okc.”

“Aren’t you 0-2 with them?”

Blake nods his head as he takes a bite of his tuna filled sandwich.

“Let’s just hope this time Ibaka keeps his hands to himself. If he touches my territory again, there’s gonna be an problem.”

Blake chuckles when I say this. “So what about you?”

I wash some blueberries down with a drink of water. “Me? I work in a small department store and you want to talk about me? Fine. Last week, two ladies were fighting over the last pair of jeans that were on sale, it was a little ridiculous, but I kinda understand because the jeans were super cute.

“Super Cute!” Blake says in a high peppy girl voice.

“Anyway, Amber called me and we were thinking that we should all do something together. You know, me, you, Deandre, Amber, Kylie, Matthew, Jennifer, Leah, Ashley, Olivia, Glora, Matt, Chris, Jada, the whole crew.”

“What’d you have in mind?” Blake now drinking soup and taking sips of his bottled water.

I shove a couple of grapes in my mouth and swallow before answering. “We should go bowling.”

“Bowling?”

“Yeah. The thing where you take a ball and roll it down a lane and knock down pins and get points.”

“Very funny. Let me get some.” Blake says swiping his spoon at my bowl.

“Eww, no.” I tell him and push his spoon away.

“What?”

“Don’t put you chicken noodle spoon in my fruit.”

“Let me get sooommmmmeee.” Blake says like a little child, attacking my bowl again.