Chapter 44 - Boyfriend Number Two

Derek came over like 3 in the morning and crawled into bed with me. When I get up he's still sleeping. I get up and make breakfast. When I'm done I sit at the circular dining table, eating eggs and bacon when I get a call.

"Hello?" I say with my mouth full.

"Hi." I instantly recognize Kellie's voice.

"Oh hey." I say downing some orange juice.

"What happened to you last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"You told me you'd be right back then you disappeared and didn't even text me to say where you went."

"I know. I'm sorry. I just really wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to ruin the fun with my pity party." I take a bite of eggs and bacon.

"You sure it didn't have anything to do with that handsome gentleman you were making out with?"

My eyes widen and my food gets caught in my throat. I set the phone down as I have a cough attack. I take a drink of juice to clear my system before I put the phone back to my ear.

"Are you ok?" Kellie asks me.

"I'm fine." I get up and walk out into the hallway. Slowly closing the door behind me so I didn't wake Derek. "That kiss, it was just new years tradition, it didn't mean anything."

"Really? Because it looked like it meant a lot."

"What is with you? You're reading way to much into it."

"Derek and I have been friends for a while and I don't want to see him get hurt."

"I don't want that either and it won't happen."

"So you're going to tell him about the kiss then?"

"Why would I do that?" I ask, struggling to keep my voice down.

"If it didn't mean anything, there is no reason for Derek to get upset."

"You're right about one thing. The kiss was no big deal, so why even bring it up and make conversation about it?"

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. He's like a brother to you and I know you're just looking out for him and I'm glad he has you in his corner."

"Ok, I guess I'll see you."

"Bye." I hang up and release a relieved sigh.

------------------------------------------------

Later that day, I wear a black and white Beatles shirt with light pink jeans, black heels and a leather jacket, when Derek and I go for a walk.

He takes me to see Big Ben. I've always been so busy and have never had the time. Derek gets a call from his brother, Ryan, and kisses me before going off to answer it.

I take in the breath taking scenery. I step back to take a picture with my phone but I bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I say turning around to the person. "Oh no, not you." I say finding out it was none other than Blake. London was huge and somehow he could always find me. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too." Blake says jokingly. But I was dead serious.

"How are you here?"

"I called and took this thing called a taxi, we have them back in the U.S actually, but they drive on the other side of the street here." Blake says smiling at me. I punch him in the arm.