Chapter 5 - Carnival Kisses

It was Saturday night. Kylie, Matthew, Deandre, Blake, Andrew, Jennifer and I went to Venice beach. There was a carnival in town. We played games and rode rides. I wore gray jeans and a white sleeveless top with pink and blue flowers. Everyone went to get food, leaving Blake and me all by our lonesome.

 “I wanna play this game.” Blake says to me. The game was a basketball shooting game. Of course. You got three balls for five dollars. If you all three shots, then you won a jumbo prize. Two shots, a medium. And one shot, a small.

 “I don’t wanna play with you.” I told him, beginning to walk away.

 “Why not?” Blake questioned, pulling on my arm.

 “It’s basketball.”

 “So?”

 “What do you mean, so? You’re a professional basketball player. I don’t stand a chance.”

 “Come on please?” He said looking in my eyes. With those eyes. Those deep, big, brown eyes.

 “Fine.” I agree while rolling my eyes playfully. 

Blake pays for the two of us. I go first and miss all three shots. Blake goes and makes all three. I knew I had no chance. I pout as Blake chooses his prize. He picks a huge stuffed pig. That was a bit odd. And it got stranger when he handed the adorable stuffed animal to me, and said “Here.”

I took it in my hands and raised my eyebrows, giving him a confused look. “I don’t need a stuffed animal, and you wanted one, so…”

“Blake” I say holding the pig in one hand and pulling him in for a hug with the other. I put my hand on his neck and pull him in. His places his large hands on my waist. With a firm grip. Before I pull away, I place a small soft kiss to his cheek. When I do this, I feel Blake’s grip get tighter. I slowly pull away from Blake’s cheek. Now we’re face to face. Staring into each other’s eyes. My breaths begin to slow down. We stand there, feeling like we’re the only two left in room (or on the boardwalk in this case).

Blake begins to move in closer. I can feel his minty breathe across my face. And soon, I can slightly feel his lips on mine. And just as I think he’s about to kiss me…

“I'd like to make myself believe. That planet Earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep. 'Cause everything is never as it seems”

 I sigh and close my eyes tightly before pulling my phone out of my back pocket. I turn away from Blake and rest the pig on a nearby bench.

“Hey Babe. Yeah. Ok. The one we saw on out way here? Ok, we’ll be right there. Bye” I said getting directions from Andrew, from where he and the group were. “Love you too.” I turned back to Blake, who had his hands in his front jean pockets.

“Um…everyone is waiting for us.” I tell him.

“Ok” was all he said before walking off.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like my story so far. Happy reading :)