Chapter 35- Hospital Visit

Connor-

I'd just gotten the call from my father that Jacob and Nikki were being taken to the ER, just as a percation. I quickly call Lorrie and hear that she just recieved the same information from the Dispatcher.

"Nikki Scott." Lorrie says as she walks into the hospital, she's still booted, and apparently her and Benny hadn't changed out of their church clothes. They're still dressed up.

"She's in there." The nurse at the desk says, Doesn't even ask if they're realated, or friends. Lorrie walks as fast as her booted foot will take her into the room.

"Jacob Adams?" I ask her.

"That way." The nurse points in the general direction.

"Room number?" I ask.

"145." she says returning to whatever she was doing before. Must be more important than my family.

"Jake." I greet my brother who's leg is wrapped up tightly. "What did you do?"

"Save Nikki?" He asks/answers, "I got my leg caught on the door trying to close it after we jumped out."

"Who was driving it?" I ask him.

"The same guy as last time."

"Are you sure?"

"That's what Nikki said. I trust her. Connor, why does this keep happening to us?"

"I don't know buddy, I don't know." I answer. He sounds so small. Smaller than he should. "But you and Nikki are going to be fine."

A gentle knock on the door makes me turn around. "Hey," Lorrie says as she and Nikki stand with Benny in the doorway. Lorrie is leaning against Benny taking the pressure off her foot. "How's our little hero?" Lorrie asks.

"He's been worse, he's been better." I answer. "How are you Nikki?"

"I'm fine." She answers, "Thanks to Jacob." Jacob looks over to her, she's in pretty mint condition, they exchange shy smiles. "Thanks for saving me."

"Thanks for helping me." Jacob replies sitting up.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not really not now anyway." Jacob shrugs. "When can we get out of here?"

"Let me go find out." I tell him heading for the door. Nikki sits on the bed next to him. Lorri and Benny snag the two hospital chairs and pull them up to the two patients.

"Excuse me." I head to the receptionist. "My brother wants to know when he can leave. His name is Jacob Adams."

"Sign these." the lady says. I sign them, "He can leave."

"Thanks." I tell her. I still flag down a doctor to double check that they didn't want to see him. They give me the go ahead to take him home.