Chapter Six

'Unbreak my heart, say you love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door...'

"Nope" Lily said to herself as she quickly switched radio stations, she was in her car driving to a job Taylor had arranged for her.

'For the first time in history...its gonna start raining men...'

Lily found herself singing along to the legendary hit It's raining Men by the Weather girls.

'I had a dream the other night, about how we only get one life. Woke me up right after 2 I stayed awake and stared at you so I wouldn't lose my mind...'

Lily desperately wanted to turn it off, but she couldn't. Hearing Ryan's voice reached out to her...

'In this world full of people there's one killing me'

These words played round and round in Lily's head as she sat at the traffic lights, a horn beeping brought Lily back to reality. The light had changed, Lily pulled away and looked at the screen on her phone, still the same lock screen picture of her and Ryan was displayed. Lily half smiled as she remembered the night the picture was taken.

××

Ryan woke on the couch to the sound of mumbling coming from behind him "OW" he groaned as he sat up grabbing his head.

"Hurts does it princess?" Zach chuckled as he reached into the cupboard for some painkillers, he popped two out of their foil blisters and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge "There" he handed them to Ryan.

"What happened?" Ryan winced as he swallowed back the pills and drank the water, he looked down and noticed he was still wearing the same clothes from the night before.

"You got wasted dude" Eddie's voice interupted "it was pretty messy"

"Shit" Ryan checked his phone and was disappointed when he didn't see a text from Lily, he was hoping after a couple of days away she might realise she was making a mistake breaking up with him.

"She probably just needs more time" Zach sat down on the couch beside Ryan "She's just lost a baby..."

"Really" Ryan snapped "And what is it I've lost then exactly...sorry man, it's just..."

"Nah its fine, it can't be easy for you either" Zach put his hand on Ryan's shoulder "Have you thought about going to see her? She can't ignore you in person..."

"I don't know..." Ryan couldn't think of a valid excuse not to go and see her "Your probably right, maybe I should"

××

"Okay that's a wrap guys, thank you for your time" Lily called out to all the models and other behind the scenes staff.

"Wow thank you so much for that" Chloe, the events manager, smiled "Taylor was right you are amazing"

"Thanks" Lily blushed a little.

"Are you coming for drinks? We are all heading to the bar downstairs if you fancy it" Chloe smiled.

"Oh no I..." Lily hesitated.

"OH go on" Chloe pushed and Lily buckled.

"Yeah okay why not a few won't hurt" Lily packed her camera away and followed Chloe "Is it okay if I invite Tay along too?"

"Yeah course" Chloe headed off just in front and Lily dragged behind to call Taylor.

××

Ryan had no idea what he was doing at the airport, flying to Florida had been one of his impulsive ideas and to be honest he was starting to regret it. He took out his cellphone to check the address Anna had sent him before hopping into a taxi.

××

Lily arrived home alot sooner than she expected, being out wasn't what she needed. Lily needed peace and quiet, she felt drained.

On arriving home Lily changed into her pj's and plaited her hair to one side, she got some soda out of the fridge and just as she sat on the couch she was disturbed by a knock on the door "For god sake Tay, you must be the only guy I know who has to let into his own apartment..." the smirk left her face when she saw Ryan standing in front of her "Ryan"

Ryan couldn't hide the hurt on his face when Lily referred to Taylor as a guy, had his girlfriend really gone so seek comfort from another guy?

"You weren't answering my calls, I just wanted to make sure you were okay" he regretted his decision now more than ever.

"Come in" Lily stepped aside so Ryan could go inside the house "How did you get...?"

"Anna" Ryan felt awkward being in another guys house.

"Shit of course" Lily forgot herself "I'm fine, you?"

Ryan had pretty much figured out what he was going to say on the journey over here, but now...now he had no idea. Looking at Lily he realised she obviously wasn't fine, she looked terrible. The dark circles under her eyes told him she hadn't slept and her frail posture told him it was likely she still hadn't eaten "Come home with me" Ryan blurted out unintentionally.

"What?" Lily frowned "Ryan I can't, I'm not ready yet"

"So what, you're just going to stay here indefinately?" Ryan found himself getting angrier as Lily brushed him off like he didn't matter.

"I was going to go and stay with my Parents when they get home from vacation" Lily replied.

"Awesome, anywhere so you don't have to deal with what's happened" Ryan was yelling now "You're not the only one who's lost a baby, but then I guess your too damn selfish to realise that"

"Ryan I" Lily gasped but Ryan wasn't finished.

"3 days we have been split up and the first thing you do is go running to another guy...his bed big enough for two is it..." Ryan stopped immediately when he saw the pain in Lily's eyes shit.

"GET OUT" Lily yelled.

"Lily I'm sorry I..." Ryan tried to fix his mistake but it was too late.

"RYAN JUST GO" Lily screamed as she swung open the door for him to leave. Ryan nodded and walked slowly out of it. Lily slammed it shut behind, before turning and sliding down it with her head in her hands and her eyes full of tears.

Ryan couldn't believe how badly that had just gone, he never meant to lash out like that. But seeing Lily so disconnected from everything hurt him, he was in pain too...In fact Ryan was the only other person in the world who understood exactly how Lily felt...so why was she pushing him away?