Chapter (144)How does Yogi control kriya of organs and kriya of Pran too?

(144)

How does Yogi control kriya of organs and kriya of Pran too?

YE YATA: KIMPI PRADHARYA HRADAYE PURVAM GATA AEV TE

YE TISHTHANTI BHAVANTU TEAPI GAMANE KAMAM PRAKAMOODYAMA: II

AEKA KEVALMEVA SADHAN VIDAU SENA SHATEBHYOADHIKA

NANDONMULAN DRASHTAVIRYAMAHIMA BUDDHISTU MA GANMAMA II

Above verse is spoken by CHANAKYA in MUDRARAKSHASA to pay tribute to his own intellect. It says that let all the relatives and friends leave me and let rest of all abandon me but let me not be parted from my intellect that is expert in earning wealth and accumulating resources and whose power and strength is adorned by the whole world when it helps me in defeating more than hundreds of armies of enemies and in the destruction of the NAND DYNASTY. Scholars have great faith on their intellect. Lord Krishna told Arjun in the end of Bhagavat Gita

VIMRUSHAITDASHESHEN YATHECHACHHASI TATHA KURU I

Think on whatever I have said and after pondering on it very well thoroughly do as you wish to do.

Nobody should forcefully tell anybody to do as he himself thinks it proper. Even GOD BUDDHA says:

"Believe not because some old manuscripts are produced, believe not because it is your national belief, because you have been make it to believe it from your childhood but reason it all out and after you have analyzed it then, if you find that it will do good to one and all believe it, live up to it and help others to live up to it.

Our Shastras say :

DRASHTIPUTAM NYASETPADAM VASTRAPUTAM PIBEJJALAM

Think before you act and filter water before you drink because we believe in 'Reasoned faith' and not in 'Blind Faith'.

Indian culture believes that our mind and intellect both should be developed equally. Rishi Munis worship Sun and poets worship moon but Indian culture considers the supreme authority of poet only where he is true Rishi who is full of feelings and hence great poet KALIDAS describes Rishi Kanva as the great intellectual treasure among all RISHIs and Poets. Maharshi Kanva has great place in Vedic knowledge but he too becomes sensitive and emotional while he was parting from his beloved daughter SHAKUNTALA. But intellect has limitations; feelings and devotion have no boundaries. When a Yogi controls all the kriyas of organs as well as kriyas of Pran , he can reach the stage of Samadhi through self –control and this self –control in Yoga is brightened by the knowledge. Hence yogi can do 'HAWAN' of all the kriyas of ten senses i.e. five karmendriya and five Gyanendriya with his mind and intellect. Hence all the kriyas would stop automatically and all the ten senses would become steady and cool in the stage of meditation SAMADHI.

When a yogi controls all the Kriyas of Pran in Samadhi, he could easily do sacrifice of all his Kriyas. There are two ways to control kriyas of Pran in Samadhi. The first is HATHAYOGA in which KUMBHAK is done through Yoga and Pran could be hold. As a Yogi does more and more practice he could hold his Pran, he can control his Pran for hours and even for some days. This type of PRANAYA increases the life span. This is like when it rains and water flows carrying sand, frog too enveloped by the sand flows. When rain stops and sand becomes dry frog lies quietly under the cover of sand and keep calm as if he is died or he imitates as if he can control or hold his Pran. Again when it rains the frog becomes full of life and his Pran becomes activated and he speaks loudly.

While the second way of controlling mind is to have control over mind through concentration and meditation by which all the Kriyas of Pran stops automatically. There is the same position of body during meditation and sleep, looking from outside because they are related to our body but there is a difference in SAMADHI as it is full of bright light of knowledge of PARAMATMA as SAT,CHIT and AANAND Swaroop. While during sleep all our kriyas are at rest and dissolved in ignorance. During SAMADHI the movement of Pran is stopped but during sleep our movement of PRAN does not stop hence when we sleep, we do not feed it as SAMADHI.

IN KATHOPANISHAD our intellect is considered as a driver of a chariot of our life...

AATMANAM RATHINAM VIDDHI SHARIRAM RATHAMEV TU I

BUDDHIM TU SARATHIM VIDDHI MANA: PRAGAHMEV CHA I

INDRIYANI HAYANADHURVISHAYASTESHU GOCHARAN II

Know your soul as the OWNER of your chariot of life. Think your body as a chariot, your intellect as driver and your mind as a rein, your senses are horses and your desires are the roads to make you run for his food. If your intellect is controlled by you, you can control your kriyas of ten senses. Because

SHUDDHA HI BUDDHI: KIL KAMDHENU:

Pure intellect can give you desired fruits as wish fulfilling heavenly KAMADHENU.

Hence Yogi who could control their mind and intellect in Samadhi could do sacrifice of all the kriyas of senses and Pran into HAWAN YOGA of fire. It means that Yogi could control kriyas of their ten senses and their body and mind during SAMADHI and only the true knowledge of PARAMATMA remains within them as a bright flame showing the way to SAT ,CHIT and AANAND Swaroop of Lord.

Then the question arises: Is there any other ways to control kriyas through Yoga? What types of YAGNA can control our senses?

Let's understand from our great God Shri Krishna...