Chapter 1. No, that's not a smart idea.

Few minutes before the incident.

It was just a typical day for me at the cafeteria of our school. I was patiently waiting there for my best friend, Kean and ordered a mocha frap and cinnamon bread, my usual routine plus Watermelon shake and a slice of bacon pizza for Kean.

After a while, Kean came rushing and sat beside me. I rolled my eyes at him.

Kean and I were friends for almost 6 years now. We've been together since the 9th grade up until now that we're on 2nd-year college. We're both taking up Business management, but my major is Marketing while he took the Human Resource.

Kean and I were the only ones to hang out together because; first, we are both from a Billionaire Family. Second; Our parents own the biggest Hotels and Restaurants in the town (Yes, our Dads are business partners) and lastly, Students are intimidated to hang out with us because, we're both too smart and too rich to be on their level. --- I have analyzed all these reasons for the past six years and I am quite sure that I am right about all these stuff I've said.

So basically, we're both lonely together. Though, I also enjoy the company of Kean since we'd always just read books and watch the geographic channel and then study more than enough. I know it's silly to hear but, I'd always find happiness in studying or reviewing my lessons or discovering new things over the internet, you know.

But the past three weeks has gone differently this time. Kean and I haven't hanged out together. We never had a chance to see each other at school and he haven't called me at home. I tried not to mind it since maybe he was just busy for school and other stuff. Until last night, he finally called me and asked to see me at the cafeteria.

"Nadz, I need your help." He finally said, after trying to exhale huge amount of oxygen to fill his lungs after maybe, running too fast to quickly arrive here.

I gazed at him. "Woah, the smart ass Kean Montez asking me for help?" I teased him then took a gulp on my frap.

"Please?" he pleaded. Giving me an annoyed look. "Wait, did we just sounded like the characters on A walk to remember film?" He let out a laugh.

"Using that film to convince me has always been your bait, Mr. Montez. Bravo" I clapped my hands several times. "Okay, what is it now?"

"You know that transferee girl from Tourism Department? Ella Devan?" He asked. "I'm courting her!" I almost choke on my drink.

"Whaat?!" I was shocked. Ella Devan is a hella hot girl from Tourism Department. She got that pinkish skin and reddish hair which made her more attractive. But as far as I know Kean, she's not his type, and hearing what he said surprised the shit out of me.

"For how long?" I added up, my eyes were widened and my brows were almost connecting.

"Two weeks or more?" He looked excited.

I gave him a look. "So this is why you haven't hung out with me for some weeks?" He held his neck. "Sorry. My feelings took over. I've been shot by Mr. Cupid, it's hard to resist you know." He explained.

I rolled my eyes. "Gaaah, Love is really cheesy and overrated." I said, taking another sip from my drink. "Now what is it that you wanted to ask me for help?" I asked, confusion and annoyment started to fill my face.

"Okay, so here's the situation. I have been courting Ella for two weeks or more now and it has been the best week---" I cut him off by saying shhh with my eyes closed. "Okay that part is too cheesy, you can skip that and move to the problem." I faked a line of smile.

"Okay okay. So here's the deal, there's someone Ella has been crushing over since she transferred here in our school. He's name is James Reid." He continued.