7: "Just had to take back what's mine"

I stepped back as quick as possible after James made his move. I was looking at him with my eyes wide open, heavy breathes and cold sweats coming out of me. He was just there, staring at me like he did nothing really serious.

"Wha-what was that for?" I hesitated to talk first but i had to.

"Just had to take back what's mine." He said quickly, crossing his arms to his chest, looking at me with his deep brown eyes. I gulped.

"Eh-" i bit my lip. I stared at everywhere but never on his direction. I felt my blood rushed to my cheeks but I couldn't even move to cover my face.

"You did the same the last time, just had to do a revenge." He flashes his wide smile.

"James, let's stop this." I said firmly. "I only did that because I want to help my friend, to divert Ella's attention. That's it. It's like a win-win situation, She started liking my friend and she stopped bothering you. So can we just plea-"

"But I'm still having fun." He adds quickly.

"Fu-fun? Wow. You think this is fun?" I faked a laugh, "hey James, let's stop this, okay? Besides, you already kissed me, that's quite enough for a revenge." I explained to him, but he was just staring at me with his arms crossed.

"Just tell your mom we broke up, that you broke up with me after that incident." I added, suggesting the only idea I know to solve the mess I made with his parents. I raised my right hand leveling my arms and waved it a little. "I'm leaving first." Then I started walking out of the scene like nothing happened. My knees were trembling and i feel like my insides are about to collapse, but there was this tiny feeling of relief inside me.

I had to end it as quick as possible. I know I sounded absurd but I couldn't stay this insane any longer. I had to cut the tie between me and James cause if I don't, I'm pretty sure this will get even more complicated.

After a while of walking half mindedly, I tried to look back to check if James was following me. I had this feeling that he was walking behind me but, to my surprise, after i looked back, not a single shadow of James was found.

I faked a laugh and then went on with my walking. "Why would he follow you Nadz?" My conscience asked me. I almost hit my head from all the things that I had in my mind.

It's been quite a while since I had that epic moment with James and since that day, I feel like my brain was disfunctional. I don't know exactly why I do things lately. Usually, I would calculate things out, and take the sense in it before doing it, but right now I feel like my mind is in deep sleep. Maybe I'm having so much stress.

-

I haven't heard about James three days after I basically "dumped" him. I don't know if that affect him much but I'm quite sure it didn't. I mean, he is the James Reid, he could get any girl and kiss them if he wants. It's not like he actually developed a deep affection with me. That's just too much.

So I was casually walking on the corridor and  to my surprise, well, speaking of the devil, James was walking on the opposite side. Our eyes met and it felt like we're having this staring competition. He was looking at me, firmly, without even blinking and I took the challenge and try not to blink too.

Everything seem to be in slow motion when we were few steps away from each other. I want to focus on his eyes and only his eyes, but his lips were distracting me. All the memories were flashing inside my head. I felt my step getting slower and heavier as we're closely approaching each other.

It felt like it took us minutes to pass each other and I felt his voice lingering on my ears. He said something, but I couldn't quite comprehend it because his existence just right now felt too much that I couldn't simply handle it.

I wanted to stay focused and walk my way but I couldn't help but to look back at him, hoping he was looking back too.

But he didn't. And in a few moments, he disappeared in the crowd. I sighed.

"What did he say?" I asked myself quietly I continue to walk my way to my next subject. But then his voice went playing inside my head, slowly...

Gradually, the words were getting clearer and clearer..

"Your sh.."

"Your shoes.."

My eyes brightened. "My shoes?" I quickly looked at the pair of shoes I was wearing and to my surprise I had worn different pairs!

"Wth!" I blurted out and all the other students looked at me. I mistakenly worn my sneakers with my dollshoes, since Our physical education class just finished awhile ago. How on earth did I made this mistake? I literally hit my head twice as I remember how stupid I am.

"James must be laughing at me right now. Maybe he thinks I'm really a crazy girl." I shreiked.

I had no choice but bare with the shoes I'm using. If I'd go back to our gym and check on my locker, I'd be surely late for my literature class, which I am currently struggling with. I sighed deeply and then went inside the room, trying to act as casual as possible. I hurriedly sat down to my table and crossed my legs so the my shoes were less noticeable.

I was just thinking about my shoes the whole one and a half hour. After our class, I immediately tied up my things so I can go out first.

But i gasped in surprise as I opened the door. James was standing outside. I looked at him in surprise and he was staring at me to. Then, a little line of smile formed on his lips while he lifts his right hand which is holding a brown paper bag.

I looked at him puzzled, but then decided to ignore him since I was really in a hurry. But as soon as I stepped my foot, He stopped my by holding my hand.

"Wear this." He says, placing the handle of the paper bag in my hand.