8: "It's a deal, then?"

I almost punched James in the face when he lend me the receipt saying, "pay it double." Why would I pay it anyway? He was the one who bought it, I never told him in the first place.

"Take it back." I told him and pushed the bag to his stomach. "So you're gonna walk around the campus with those pair of shoes?" He said grinning while he looks at my improperly paired shoes I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. My brows were practically knitted together.

He took me at the parking lot of our school and we leaned our back at the back of his pearl white fortuner. James was acting weird again with all these stuffs he's doing. I don't know exactly how to respond.

"I thought we ended it well?" I said with amounts of annoyance and curiosity mixing on my voice. Slowly, I gazed at him and he sort of turned into a total grumpy face. I gulped and poked him on his side but he ignored it, then he crossed his arms together on his chest.

"Did you really.. Uhm.." I started again after few moments of silence. "Was it that bad?" I bit my lower lip. I assumed he gets what I'm saying cause it's hard to say it aloud. He gazed at me for a moment with his furious brown eyes and then looked away.

"I'm not ending it." He announced in an instant and I felt a jolt of lightning ran to my brain. I looked at him oddly surprised. "Let's just keep it going." He adds and the piles of curiosity kept rising inside my head. WHY THE HELL IS HE SAYING THESE?

"Alright James, I don't know where you're coming from and what your actual feelings are, but can you please consider me? My fee--" I was cut off when he pulled me into a hug. Not just a typical hug, but the kind of hug that makes you out of breathe.

I wasn't able to move. He was holding me tight and I was just there plain standing, wrapped around his arms.

He let go of me after awhile and it was all awkward and weird. I wasn't able to look at him or even make sound. I was a total potato standing beside him.

"Don't get me wrong, I-" He started off. He was gazing at me but I couldn't look back at him. He pulled my arms and let my body face him but I still couldn't look at him. He kept on catching my sight and after he does, he sighed.

"I not quite sure about this, actually. It was the first time I felt it." His hands were holding both my shoulders tight. I tried to avoid his gazes but I couldn't. There were lots of things going inside my head but It felt like I couldn't utter any.

IS HE GOING TO CONFESS?!

"I know I might sound weird but hear me out. But don't freak out, okay?" He continues. "I think I like you."

Omfg did he really???!

I was literally out of words looking at him. The heck, why is he saying these words? Oh god, I didn't know I would affect him this much.

"J-James" I stuttered while I look at him. I don't know what to say. I was in total shock.

James was totally serious while he looks at me. He held my arms tighter and tighter.

"Do you think I'm an idiot?" He said trying to suppress something.

"What are you saying? James, I sorry. I didn't want it to go this far but I'm sorry. I don't feel the same." I explained as I look him in the eyes sincerely. His face were almost red and his ears too. He looked down for a while, and after that, he faced me again with his idiot-grinning face.

"Nadine! Oh God, Nadinee!"

He burst into laughter and I was filled with mixtures of anger and humiliations.

"So you really think I like you? Jeezus!" He laughed again.

I felt my blood rushed to my head. I feel like Im going to explode anytime by now. I pushed him away and yelled "what the hell are you!" In front of him while he laughs to his stomach.

THIS MONSTER!!

I walked out of the scene quickly to ease the embarrassment I feel but he pulled me hard. "Let go of me you idiot!!!"

"I was just kidding!" He laughed again but my anger wouldn't stop. I feel like a volcano erupting soon. This jerk is really something! I couldn't stand looking at him. Is he trying to get his revenge?! Ugh idiot!

He pulled me again, but this time it's stronger that I couldn't do anything about it. He opened the door next to the driver seat and pushed me inside. I didn't insist to go out, I was totally out of power.

He sat on the driver seat and I was on the other side crossing my arms while having the angry face. It felt like were having an LQ or something, but heck I don't care. I was just totally annoyed of him.

He cleared his throat and faced to my direction. "Are you upset because I don't like you?" He chuckled and I gazed at him. Giving him piercing stare and then looked at the other the direction again.

He sighed after a moment of grinning and then settled himself to his seat. "But really, I'm serious about it though. About not ending it." He started casually. I looked at him, still with my upset face.

"Then what is this? Is this some sort of Revenge?" I resorted. He smirked at me and shook his head yes.  I rolled my eyes and looked on the other side to avoid him.

"You humilated me, to the whole university, and to my parents. Stop playing victim, Nadz." He explained. I slowly moved my head to face him and I felt a quick shiver seeing his face. Gosh, he's really serious.

He sighed and placed his left hand on the wheel. "Now do me a favor and keep pretending I'm your boyfriend. That's the least you can do to pay back." He adds.

"Why do I have to do it? What's the use? Ella will never bother you agai—" I was cut off when he handed me his iphone. "Look." He said and reached the phone.

"That's a lot of message. Who are these people?" I asked, amusement filled my eyes when I saw his inbox. There were lots of unsaved numbers inside it. And none of them were opened.

"From all the other girls who's running after me." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes at him. "Then? What does these girls have to do wi— ohhhhh— so you're going to make me your girlfriend so they'd stop chasing you?"

"Right."

I bit my lower lip. I don't think they'll stop chasing him after we pretend to be a couple. These girls are desperate.

"They will not stop chasing you. It's no use." I said giving him a frustrated look. He took the phone in my hand and scrolled to the numerous sms in his inbox.

"I won't believe she's your gf. She's waaaay too far from your type James."

"You don't even go around the school together. Who are you fooling, James?"

"James, you are kidding right? She can't replace me as your girl. She's at the bottom. Get your shit straight."

"Those are just few from all the messages I recieve, EVERYDAY." he stated. "Now if we just pretend that we are dating, I mean really date, let's show them. I might just end these girls delusion over me." He explained further and I almost cringe. I just don't get the point.

"Just give me a month. Just a month." He added while gazing at me. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I finally said after a long pause. I still don't get him but a month wouldn't matter that much, right? After a month I'll be back with my peaceful life. All I need to do is to pretend. That's it, right?

"It's a deal, then?" He declares and I nodded in agreement.

This is going to be one hell of a ride.

The story is getting lousier and off bacuase I'm getting lazier errday. Sorry, readers. I'll try my best on the next chapter! :*