9:2 - "I can probably do few more things if we're in a private place."

Hi guys! This is a continuation of chapter 9. :> enjoy!

-

il·lu·sion.

iˈloZHən/
noun

a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.

"I'll be good here"

I said as I loosen up my seatbelt. James insisted to take me home after we ate. I manage to take the seatbelt and prepared to get down the car but James held to my hands-again. Have I mentioned to you how he kept on holding my hand from that waffle parlor until our whole ride home? I couldn't react or do anything. It felt too good to be real for me. Our hands were intertwined, but I didn't mind. My heart was happy, and all I could ever wish that night was for him to never stop doing these things-ever.

"Can you stay a little longer?" He pleaded, his thumb is doing that circular motion to my skin. My heart was beating wildly again as I bit my lower lip. I looked at my phone to check the time- it's 7:36 pm. "It's late, James. We can still see each other tomorrow. We'll hang out longer." I explained while I look at his face in a dim light. "I don't want to let go." He replied while looking at our hands intertwined. I couldn't help but smile at this scene I'm seeing. Is this still the James I knew few weeks back? The Monster James?" I asked in my mind. Compared to my past encounter to him, he totally and drastically changed from Beast to this cutesy little angel. Can someone really change that fast? Is this... love? Or it's just an illusion? I bit my lower lip.

Worry filled my head as I try to contemplate.. what if it's all just Illusion? What if we wake up after this? I sighed and held tighter to his hand. He looked at me with his happy-smiling face. I smiled at him.

"Do you.. wanna come over?" I asked in hesitation. I really wanted to stay with him though, but I'm afraid my dad would kill me if i take a guy at our house... but then, I can't just let this guy leave. This might not happen again.

I saw his face brighten up, "will you let me?" He smiled asking. "I guess we can stay a bit longer inside." I replied. He then took the wheel and drove us inside the house.

"You looked cute when you were a kid."  He smiled as he examine my photo hanged in our living room. "I covered his eyes with my hand and laughed, "heeeey stop looking at it!" He started laughing with me too. He then pulled me beside him and I froze for awhile. "My dad might see us." I said under my breath. He let out a small laugh and intertwined both his fingers together. "Silly, I won't do anything stupid here." He told me. He took his hand again and placed it to his chin. "But i can probably do few more things if we're in a private place." He smirked and my eyes widened at him. "James! Stop it." I bit my lip. I felt embarrassed for a while.

After a moment, we heared a loud scoff from upstairs.

"it's my dad." I whispered as we both look at the up stairs. Dad was walking down, coming towards our direction. James quickly stood up and tidied his clothes as he face my dad. I then quickly stood up as well and stepped sidewards to put a space between me and James.

"Good evening, sir." He greeted formally and extended his right hand to my dad. Dad looked at him with one brow lifted, and shook hands with him. "Good evening, who is this, Nadine?" I felt dad trying to sound casual and chill as possible.

"He's my fri-"

"I'm her suitor."

James took the conversation. My dad looked at him with furious eyes. "Oh really? What's your name, young man?" Dad asked.

"James Reid, sir." He smiled. "It's nice to finally meet you." He adds up.

"It's good to meet you too." Dad replied as he examine James from head to toe.

I felt that I needed to change the topic, so thought of things to say.

"So.. dad. Are you going somewhere? You're dressed up." I started.

"Oh, yes. I'll fetch your mom at the office." He said as his face light up. "Gotta make it up to your mom." He added with a low happy voice. I smiled at him and walked him to the door.

"Behave." He said, and looked at me  and James. "Dad." I mumbled. He finally let out a laugh and then went to his car. "We'll be home late. Get yourself and James some dinner." He finally said and drove away.

"I think your Dad likes me." Stated James as he sit comfortably at our couch. I rolled my eyes at him and sat at the couch across him. "Oh, really?" I smirked.

I started contemplating things after I saw James open his phone. I remembered those numerous girls texting her, asking to be his girlfriend. I let out a breath.

"Are you okay?" He asked after hearing me breathe.

I looked at him in his eyes and few more questions started to pile up on me.

"Why-why are you doing this?"

I regret as soon as I said. As much as I wanted to know everything, the truth still scares me. What if this is all just some sort of a Joke? Or a prank? Thinking about how much of an asshole James was before.. what if all of these are just..fake?

"Doing what?" He asked, confusion filled his face.

I bit my lower lip and looked at him. I couldn't say a word, or keep on asking. I'm afraid of what he could say.

He reached out and sat close to me, "hey" he said as he held into my hand. "What's bothering you?" He added. His brown eyes where wider and fuller this time.

"Nothing." I mumbled and placed my other hand to his. "I'm fine.. i guess." I added. His brows were knitted together as he look at me.

"I know it's weird and I've been feeling really weird too but do I have to suppress it just because it's weird and cheesy? Do I have to ignore it and pretend this feeling's nothing because it isn't the way I felt the first time we met?" He explain to me holding his chest. I was dumbfounded for a while hearing him say those words.

"I don't know of this is crush or love or whatever they call it. I've never been into this and I honestly couldn't explain it, even for myself. But I'm just happy, you know?" He said, and pulled me to a hug.

I will post a special chapter again maybe this week and It would probably Jame's POV. Are you ready for it? :3