10: "So you're dating my bestfriend?"

IM SORRY NO JAMES' POV FOR THIS UPDATE ✌🏻 But I hope ya'll enjoy this one. :)
-

Do you ever get in to that feeling when you suddenly feel so lightweight like a feather and you can't even feel your legs, or your fingers or your lips?

"I'm sorry." He uttered after he, (well, again, without my permission) kissed me. (But at least now he says sorry.)

I feel my face turned tomato red again while i avoid his gaze. "Hey, I'm sorry- I- i think i'm getting used to it." He added and i looked at him a bit surprised.

"What's your purpose? Wh-why are you doing this?" I asked. I feel like i need to clarify everything as soon as I can. He can't just kiss me anytime he wants to. What if anyone sees us? What if—what if i get used to it too? I sighed.

His hand left my arm and then he held my hands. "I wanna go out with you."

At that moment i was so sure those were the words i wanted to hear. I was too glad i bit my own lip to stop myself from smiling. Oh god Nadine why are you like this?

"Why? Why me? Why would you want someone who dragged you to a mess, made an awful scene in front of your parents, who put a bad label to your name after calling you "baby". Why would you want me?"

There was this dead air after Ive said those words. I regret it. It's not as if he's going to marry me. He just wanted to go out with me. And maybe make out with me? That's how millennials do it I guess? I sighed. "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that." I added and then stood up from where we were seated.

"It's late. You gotta go home." I added and went straight to the door and opened it. He looked at me and started walking towards me. "I gotta admit I'm still confused, too. But I hope we'd get to figure this out together." He said.

I gulp as i look at him. I had this wild urge to kiss him again. This guy. This really weird guy. Why am i feeling this way?

"Take care." I managed to say while I opened the door widely.

Before he could even step out of the door, he pulled me closer to him and kissed me on my forehead. "Goodnight." He smiled after that and left.

Weekend finally came. James was still being all cheesy with me. He picks me up after classes, takes me to all these cute restaurants to eat, kisses me whenever he's able to do so and treats me so well i could almost forget he was still the same monster James I met few weeks ago.

I think we're already going out. But it's kind of not-so-official since we've never said yes or agreed to it. We just kinda went with the flow.

"I'll be there in 5 mins. See you in a bit."

My phone vibrated with that message. Who would ever thought a person like JAMES REID would act like this?

"See you, take care." I replied back.

I gulped my watermelon shake and leaned back to my seat as I start to read on my book again. I was waiting for James at a cafe near our school. Few moments later, someone grabbed my face from the back and covered both my eyes with his hand. I smiled, thinking it was James teasing me. "Come on we're not kids." I managed to say while smiling.

"Yea probably." A familiar voice echoed on my ear.

"Kean?" I said hesitantly.

He finally let go from covering my eyes and quickly made himself comfortable at the seat next to mine. I look at him all confused and daze while he smiles at me. "Miss me?" He said while chugging a bottle of blue gatorade in his hand.