6: "Don't tell me you're dying?!"

"Miss Lustre, what happened to you? You missed three quizes, seven activities and two oral recitation. Where were you the passed six days?"

I was walking on the corridor when my lit teacher saw me. Six effing days and It looked liked I missed the whole semester.

I looked around before answering and saw Kean running to my direction. "God, the head interrogator is here." I whispered to myself.

"Uh- I-i was sick.." I told my professor then managed to fake a smile. Kean was already beside me panting while his hands are on his knees. "Alright then. Just send me your medical certificate so I could give you some special quizes. I'll see you later."

I nodded my head and watched my professor disappear in the crowd. I started walking again and forgot that Kean was beside me. He  quickly grabs my wrist.

"What the-?!?! Kean! Oh, right."

"Can- you- please- sta-y still" he managed to say while gasping for air. I pulled my hand from his grip and crossed my arms to my chest.

After a while he finally stood up straight and took one deep breath then looked at me with his furious eyes. "You okay?" I asked him.

"Where have been, Nadine? I was worried!" he blurted out. "Kean lower your voice. People are staring at us." I said while pulling his arms.

"So what?! Just tell me, where were you the passed six days? Even your mom won't tell me anything."

"I was sick okay. I had to take some bed rest for several days." I told him.

"Sick?! What happened? Was it contagious? Wait, don't tell me you're dying?!" He held me on my shoulders with his worried eyes. I laughed seeing his face.

"Why are you laughing?" His brows still knitted together.

"You look funny. Come on Kean, I'm fine. I just had to take a long break. But I'm fine now. Okay?" I gave him a genuine smile.

His features were finally relaxed. "You sure? God, you worried me a lot. That was the longest time I haven't heard from you, even from your mom." He breathes. "Don't ever do that again, okay?"

"Mm-mm." I mumbled. He hanged his arms around my arms and then we walked our way to the cafe.

"Sooo, how was Ella?" I asked casually. The truth was I actually really curious about them. i haven't heard any news about them for more than a week. i guess they're already dating.

"That girl was insane! had to leave her out cause she's crazy."

my eyes widened. "Wai- what?! you left her?!" I stood up from my seat and blurted out. "Nadz, sit down. Why are you mad?" he pushed me back to my seat. He looked puzzled. "I've known her for a couple of weeks and offcially dated a day and a half and she acts like she's madly in love with me. She even planned our engagement!" I saw Kean eyes rolled. "Maybe that was the reason why James didn't like her. She's very dependent, clingy and loud."

"WOW" i let out a frustrated laugh. "I went low and kissed a jerk so you can have her and you're throwing it away? Kean! have you forgotten my efforts?!"

"Oh okay." He raised both his hands in sign of defeat. "Sorry?" he adds.

I don't know if I should be happy or be sad. I mean, Kean is free again... but... I humiliated my whole life just so he could have his Ella. I even got involve with James life and his mom thinks I was really his girlfriend. And everyone in the school does too. My life sucks.

"Hey bunny, are you really mad?" Kean poked my arms. "At least I didn't end up with the wrong girl, right?"

Yeah right, the right one was just beside you, you idiot!