seis

C H A N E L

Tonight was my date with Za and I was extremely nervous. This was my first date ever and I felt as if my heart was going to explode.

As soon as I finished my homework I jumped in the shower. After, I lotioned up, put on make up, and went to my closet to get something nice to wear. I picked out my tight lavender bodycon dress with some white Louie Vouton heels. I didn't bother to style my braids, so I left them down.

"That boy is here!" My dad called.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I replied.

I grabbed my clutch and started to walk down the stairs. As soon as I got further down I saw both my dad and Za look at me with their mouths open. I just laughed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You look stunning." Za answered.

"My baby is all grown up." My dad said, wiping his fake tears.

When I reached the bottom of the steps I stretched out my arms toward him.

"C'mon Big Guy, bring it in." He laughed and hugged me tight.

When I broke the hug, he looked straight at Za. "Don't try anything on my daugher," He started. I just rolled my eyes. "Or you're ass is grass. You hear me?"

"Loud and clear, sir." Za said smiling. He took my hand and we started walking out the door.

He jogged over toward his Mercedes-Benz and opened the passenger side door for me.

"Why thank you." I said to him while getting in and he chuckled.

Za went around his car toward the driver's side and climbed in. He grabbed his phone and put it on the camera app.

"Let's take a video for Instagram." He said. I nodded my head and we both talked to each other until the timer went off. Za gave the phone to me so I could see it.

"That's so cute." I said.

"We look good together." He agreed.

"Yeah," I said, locking eyes with his. "We do."

J U S T I N

I was lying on the couch with Isabelle watching Netflix and the notification ringtone to my phone played. I picked it up to see that Za posted a new video on Instagram. I clicked it and was lost for words when I saw it.

It was Za and Chanel. "Uh babe." I said to Isabelle.

"Huh?" She answered, still interested in the movie.

"I have to go get something from my room real quick," I said, getting up from the couch. "But you can keep watching the movie if you want."

"Okay." She replied.

I walked upstairs to my room. I closed the door behind me and sat down on the edge of my bed. I pressed the sound button on the video and watched it, my heart breaking a little each second.

"So I'm about to go on a date wit this pretty little thang." Za said and kissed Chanel's cheek.

"Stop trying to make my embarrassed boy." Chanel warned him.

"Whateva," Za kissed his teeth. He looked from Chanel to the camera. "But this is my girl, so all y'all niggas tryna holla at her will have to go through me."

Chanel laughed and the video cut off.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. I laid down on the bed all the way and stared at my ceiling. A million thoughts ran threw my mind.

No matter how hard I tried to get Chanel out of my head, she still found her way in. I even tried to hang out with Isabelle more so I wouldn't have any urges to think about her, but that didn't work. I didn't know what to do.

"Ugh!" I yelled in frustration.

"Jay," I heard Isabelle's voice call. I sat up to see her by the door. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I lied, getting up. "I'm just a little tired for some reason."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." She said and started walking out.

"Wait!" I called, stopping her by grabbing her wrist and spun her around.

"W-what?" Isabelle asked. I could tell she was nervous by how close we were.

"Stay with me." I said lowly.

She bit her lip and kissed me hard. If sleeping with Isabelle was going to get Chanel out of my thoughts, then that's what I need to do.