doce

J U S T I N

Za dragged me out the house and onto the front lawn of Ryan's house. It seemed like every one that was at the party piled out to see what was going on. In the corner of my eye I saw Chanel push people out of her way so that she could be in front of the crowd.

"Please don't do this Za," Chanel pleaded. "He's just drunk. He wouldn't have done what he did it he wasn't. Believe me."

"To be honest, I don't know who to believe." Za said, glaring at Chanel. She instantly went quiet and looked at the ground.

"What the hell is going on here?!" I heard Isabelle yell. I almost forgot she even came to the party. But I didn't care.

"I went upstairs to find Chanel and I saw Justin sucking on her neck in Ryan's bedroom." Za exclaimed, getting angrier and angrier.

The large crowd of people gasped in disbelief, but I ignored them.

"You did what?!" Isabelle yelled at me.

"You were bound to know sooner or later!" I yelled back.

"Know what?" She asked.

"That I love Chanel."

People ooed.

"You what?!" Za yelled.

"I've liked Chanel since she came to the neighborhood," I explained. "But Za liked her so I didn't do anything about it."

Za's face softened a bit.

"Then we got assigned to the AP Lang project and the feelings came back."

Chanel looked up at me. I locked eyes with her.

"Finally, I decided I couldn't hold it in anymore and kissed her at the ice rink and confessed my feelings to her."

"WHAT?!" Za yelled at me.

"THIS WAS MORE THAN ONCE?!" Isabelle screamed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before continuing.

"But she said that she couldn't accept them because Za liked her and Isabelle and I were dating. She said it wasn't fair to them and that it wouldn't work. And she left me."

Every one went silent. Even Isabelle was quiet.

"So," I started, facing myself to Za. "If you want to punch me, punch me. I was the cause to this so don't blame Chanel for any of this. Make it hurt. I deserve it."

I closed my eyes and waited for him to hit me. After a while, I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes to see a teary eyed Za, shaking his head in shame.

"We were supposed to be homies and have each other's back," He said, his voice cracking. "I guess I was wrong."

He walked off, went into his car, and quickly drove away.

Isabelle came up to me and slapped me hard. The crowd gasped again. I held my cheek in pain and looked at her emotionless.

"How dare you?" I just stared at her. "And to think I gave everything up for you." And with that she stormed off to God knows where.

Then it was just me and Chanel. She looked at me angrily.

"Do you just want to my life?" She asked me.

That stung...

"I'm sorry..." I said, tears blurring my vision.

"This is why we can never be."

That's when the tears started to roll. "Why can't you just see that I can't live without you?"

I stormed off, bumping into her shoulder on my way. I looked at my car for a moment and walked off. I couldn't drive drunk. Then rain started to pour.

"Fuck!" I yelled in frustration. I started to have a temper tantrum. I stomped, and punched, and kicked.

After all my energy ran out, I knelt on the sidewalk. The rain plastered my hair and clothes on my body quickly. I just wanted to die there. I had lost everything; my best friend, Isabelle, and most importantly-- Chanel. I just wanted everything to be alright again. I didn't know how this was going to end.