smart girls dont drink beer

I place my hands on his chest and push him off of me.
"In love? With me?" I ask him, grabbing my coat off the seat.
"I just though that ma-"
"You thought that I would love the words you were saying? Cameron, I just met you and you have been a huge dick to me all week. How can you be in love with me?" I ask. My voice gets louder and louder, or so it seemed.
"Lily I c-"
"I can't go that fast." I tell him, leaving the diner. I hear footsteps after me, my name being called.
"Lily! Wait!" He yells to me. I was almost away from him. I just started walking on the sidewalk when he called my name. I stop and look at the street.
"I need you to listen to me."
"Listen to what? What you have to say is bullshit, Cameron." I snap at him, turning to face him. He was standing in front of the doors, but steps aside when the waitress comes out.
"Sir? You need to pay for your meal." She tells him. His eyes are locked to me.
"Go. Pay for the meal and be a gentlemen."
"But lily I c-"
"I don't like liars." I tell him.
"And right now, I don't like you either." I continue to walk down the sidewalk. I was probably being a bitch. I knew I was being a bitch. You can't love someone after two days. It's impossible. A car starts to slow down next to me: a black jeep with a magnet on the back of it that said "Go Falcons!", which was our towns team mascot. The window rolls down and a boy with obviously bleached hair is in view. He smiles at me and I step back a bit.
"You're Lily." He says, looking me over.
"How would you know?"
"I sit behind you in algebra. Quite the view." He licks his lips and I roll my eyes. The guy driving the car leans his head over him.
"Sorry about my friend. He's a horny bastard looking for a good time. Hey, do you need a ride home?" He asks. My eyes widen. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.
"Jack Gilinsky? Lab partner freshman year?" The memorie of Jack making an experiment explode in front of me pops into my mind, and I can't help but chuckle to myself.
"Yeah. Alright."
"Sweet." Bleached boy says. I think his name was Sammy. As I hop in the backseat, I notice another blonde sitting in the car. This time, a natural blonde. I knew this one though.
"You're Jack, right?" I ask him, buckling up.
"Sure am." He says.
"So what where you doing at Mevros diner on a Thursday night, walking alone?" Jack asks, making a turn down a street.
"It's a long story. Hard to explain.
"Excuses excuses." Sammy says. I look out my window and notice that we weren't on my street. In fact, we were on the complete opposite side of town.
"Where are you taking me?" I ask, as he parks on the lawn of the house.
"Change of plans. You're coming with us to a party." Jack says, rubbing his hands together. I groan and shake my head.
"I have to get home. My moms going to kill me." I whine, as they all get out of the car. Sammy opens my door and stares at me.
"Man, if we weren't in public I swear I woul-"
"Sammy. Take me home." I tell him, crossing my arms. He shakes his head and puts his hands on my knees.
"Listen. I haven't been to a party in 4 days, okay? Just let us stay here for an hour or two, and then we'll take your drunk ass home. Alright?" He says. I step our of the car and follow him into the house. The smell of beer and tobacco lingered all throughout the house, and even outside. I grab a beer myself, and lean against the wall. A guy walks up next to me and places his hand over my head and leans on the wall.
"You live around here?" He asks, his breath reeking of liquor. I look around the huge house, thinking "how on earth would my mom ever afford this place?"
"Hello?" He asks. I look at him and shake my head.
"I can tell. Girls like you never come to these things." He whispers, inching closer and closer.
"W-what do you mean?" I stutter as his body presses against mine.
"I mean, smart girls don't drink beer and let guys like me talk to them." He says. I push him off of me and step outside, sitting on the porch step. The cold air was blowing my hair back, and the coldness of the beer was making my fingers red. I rest my chin in the palm of my hand, and let the warmth from the hoodie touch my face. I hear the door squeak open behind me, and I don't bother to turn around. There were footsteps and giggles, and what sounded like two people making out. But then it stopped, and the door closed. Someone sits down next to me, placing there arm around my shoulder.
"I'll take you home, little one." He says, kissing the top of my head. I look up and see driver Jack, swinging the keys around his finger.
"Why? Don't you want to stay?" I ask.
"I'll drop you off then come right back here. They'll never know I left." He tells me, standing up. He lends out a hand and I grab onto it, standing up next to him. I sit in the passengers seat of his car, and watch him turn in the heat.
"Your car is nice." I say, putting my seatbelt on.
"Thanks. It was my 16th birthday gift." He says, backing up onto the paved road. I nod and watch all the drunk people stumble out onto the porch, smoking cigarettes.
"Who were you kissing on the porch?"
"Why? Are you jealous?" He chuckles. I shake my head and smile.
"Just curious..."
"To be honest, I'm not sure. I think she goes to another school. She kinda just fell on top of me, and I went with it. She's probably in the bathroom puking right about now." He says, looking out the window. He turns down my street and parks in front of my house.
"Thank you." I tell him, hopping out of the car. He nods his head and taps his hands on the steering wheel.
"See you in class."
"See you in class." I repeat his words. He drives off and I walk to the door, opening it quietly. I close it behind me and flick on the light. My mother had fallen asleep on the living room couch. I walk into the kitchen and sit on the bar stool, just looking around. I reach for the home phone and dial his number, eagerly hoping there was a response.
"Yo it's me Cam. If I don't pick up I'm probably sleeping." And the line goes silent. He was ignoring my call.