water bottle

"Hey Nash! You gotta see this!" Cameron calls, motioning him over to the table. We were currently in art class, and Cameron was showing off his newly painted car. He walks over to the table and inspects it, nodding in approval.
"She's a beaut." He says, looking at me.
"Thanks. Painted it all by myself."
"I was talking about your friend." He corrects him, his eyes locking onto mine.
"Take her out on a date!" He smiles, pushing me towards him. He holds out his hand and nods.
"Hamilton. But call me Nash." He smiles. I lightly shake his hand and sit back down, watching him walk back to his seat.
"Homecoming is soon. Maybe he'll ask you out." He says, looking over at my paper for answers.
"He won't ask me. He barely knows me."
"He called you beautiful."
"I heard him. That doesn't mean he likes me though."
"Of course it does."
"No it doesn't."
"Lets go out on a date." He blurts, still copying the answers.
"What?"
"I said: let me take you out on a date."
"Aren't you dating Ashely?"
"Hell no. She stole my watch and sold it online." I can't help but laugh.
"What? It was a good watch!" He explains, his lips curving into a smile.
"Anyways, I would like to take you out on a date this Friday. It will be cold, so wear a jacket. Be ready by 7:30." He says, the words flowing out of his mouth like he had been rehearsing it for weeks.
* * *
I watch him cross his arms and lean against the car, his mouth curving into a smile. I walk down the front steps and wave, holding my dress down from the wind.
"You look good." He tells me, grabbing my hand and kissing it. He let's go of it, and it falls at my side.
"Where are we going?" I ask him, as I buckle my seatbelt.
"We are going to Nate Maloneys 18th birthday party. His parents are out of town, so we can drink all the alcohol we want."
"You consider Nate Maloneys birthday party a date? You're out of your mind." I spit, watching as the car pulls onto the front lawn of his house. He unbuckles his seatbelt and puts his hand on my knee, his thumb rubbing over the tiny cuts that were marked due to a new razor.
"Are you coming?" He asks, looking at me. I was watching a couple making out in the car next to us.
"No. I'll be in the car. Have fun." I tell him, as he slowly unbuckles and steps out of the car.
"You know...I thought we could have fun tonight."
"By getting wasted? I don't do that."
"Suit yourself. Keys are in the ignition. CDs are in the back seat and the heat doesn't exactly work, so you have to bang on the glove compartment. There's a granola bar in the middle council, and I'm leaving my sweatshirt in the seat for if your really cold. Anything else?"
"A bottle of water." I tell him, my arms crossed. He purses his lips and nods, closing the door. I watch as he walks into the house, his blue button up and jeans complimenting his figure. I lean my head on the window and look at everyone going in and out of the house. People coming out we're usually the kids who we're going to have sex in there boyfriends car. My eyes slowly close, and I find myself drifting off. But before I shut down, tempeh car door opens. A boy wearing a nirvana tee shirt and khaki pants sits down, and sighs in relief.
"It's hot in here. Aren't you hot?"
"Freezing. And, who are you?"
"I'm Shawn." He tells me. Oh, right. Singer, songwriter Shawn.
"I'm li-"
"Lily. I know. People talk." He laughs.
"Bad?"
"All good things." He states, intertwining his fingers and leaning his head back on them. He spots the keys and takes them out, looking them over.
"What? Too drunk to drive?"
"No, no. I uh...Cameron Dallas?"
"He brought you here? Of course." He huffs, opening the door. I grab his wrist and pull him back in.
"Keep me company. I'm bored."
"Alright. As long as you're not dating that bastard."
"You don't like him?"
"He's a cool guy, but he'll break your heart. My best friend dated him and just used her for pleasure." He says, looking in the back seat. He picks up a vampire weekend album and chuckles.
"This is gold." He laughs, opening it up.
"Do you like Vampire Weekend?"
"No. I mean, who does?"
"Well, I do. They're fantastic." I tell him. He nods and puts the disk in, chuckling as he does it.
"Taxi cab is the first song. You know it?" He asks, as I hum along.
"Mhm." We sit there for a couple second, just looking around the car.
"Would it be crazy if I kissed your right now, in another guys car?"
"It's only crazy if you make it crazy." I tell him, humming the song. He grabs my jaw and places his lips on mine, the song lightly playing in the background. After a couple seconds, my eyes flick open from a loud bang. It was Cameron, banging on the window. He stands there looking in through the glass, arms crossed across his chest. Shawn steps out of the car, and shuts the door. Cameron shakes his head at him while he tries to explain, and I watch as his fist collides with his jaw. I sit there in shock, as he takes a seat in the car.
"You're a fucking monster!" I cry, tears steaming down my cheeks. The big was so sweet, so innocent.
"What they say about you is right! Your a dick looking for pleasure and a girl with a hot body! Let me out of the car!" I yell, as he backs out onto the road. He unlocks the door and I step out, slamming the door. He rolls down the window and throws me a bottle of water, and I catch it.
"Here's your water. Because I'm a filthy bastard who can't remember anything." He says, and drives away.