Chapter 3;Natali

I could never stop thinking about that guy. What about him is so painstakingly familiar!? Seeing a boy that's in my class walking past me I say hi to him and he said it back. I don't know why I have butterflies in my stomach when he did that. That momentarily drove the impala guy out of my head until I saw that car parked outside my house. I stopped and watched the guy walk to the car and drove away. Waiting a few minutes until walking to my house I watched it go until it turned around the corner and I couldn't see it anymore. I walked home and went inside I saw mom jump at the sound of the door.

"Oh it's you. I thought u might be..." She trailed off I wanted to ask who but knew she would not answer me. Instead I went straight to my room to continue work I did in the park. I was thinking of that Impala loving guy, when I heard a tink on the window, looking down I saw Neil, my best friend, standing there. Sliding out the window down the roof to jump down to the ground beside him, I let myself forget the impala-guy.

Straightening up he said, "You never cease to amaze me." With that we went to the local mall, well it isn't really a mall just a collection of stores and fast food places. Being there with him is one of my favorite things to do. We'd hang there, eat food, and laugh at our own jokes. When we first met each other he made fun of passers by but I scolded him, and he being afraid of what I can do ceased when I told him off for that, and we became closer than anyone would have imagined.

We were in our favorite food place and after a while I saw the two partners I wanna say walk in with a laptop. The Impala-guy ordered the biggest burger in the history of this place and the one with the laptop ordered a salad. Neil noticed my absent expression and followed my gaze and saw what I was staring at.

"Oh, it's those two that were investigating the murder of the security guards I wonder what they have. Wanna go over and ask them?" Neil said.

"You go," I responded. He did it and by the expression on his face when he returned they turned him down.

"Maybe if u do it then they will respond."

"Why do you think I will get a different answer?"

"Because you are a hot girl. Maybe they will give in to your hot looks."

I looked at him blankly. Then pulled my elbow length black hair out. Straightened my black leggings and tucked my black shirt in. Leaving my jacket, which was a dark purple, in the seat and walked up to them.

"Hello agents, may a girl ask how the investigation is going?" Putting on my best flirty smile.

"No" said the one with the laptop. The other looked up from his sandwich and stared.

"May I ask for your names at least?"

"Dean Hewic," Impala-boy said,"and this is Sam O'Connel"

"Nice to meet you guys, I am Natali."

"Hold on, weren't you at the last crime scene?" The one called Sam said.

"Yea, checking out that sweet Impala you guys have."

"Well you can go back to your boyfriend now and leave us to our work."

This angered me "He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed and whipped around to walk back to Neil.

"I think green eyes liked you! He's staring at you"

"His name is Dean something-or-another and the rude one is Sammie O-something."