Chapter 8;Natali

I always have the feeling that I'm being followed. Maybe it's the boys, I see them everywhere, now. But even at home I feel as if I'm being watched.

All the time, my mom is distracted, and I tried to tell her my thoughts about being followed, but she just says, "sure" or "That's ok sweetie" like I'm asking her to go out. Suddenly an idea pops into my head. This may be a perfect time to find out what's in that desk drawer.

"Hay mom, can I go into your drawer and see what it is that you hide in there?"

"Sure, alright" ooh new one. Congratulating myself with a small sly smile, I eased open the drawer. In it was many photos a couple of me most of them were single pictures of her and her many boyfriends but the one that stood out the most was the one that looked the most worn. The one of my mom and... Dean Winchester? No this can't be. He must look like him. But those eyes. The exact same shade of mine! The exact same shade as his, Dean's. I hide the photo in my pocket when I hear my mom coming into her room behind me. Not thinking to put it back in, I slide the drawer closed and stood up just in time.

"What are you doing?" Still distracted.

"Just looking for something," not entirely false, "I'm going to see Neil now, bye!" But I couldn't face him with this. So I just ran out of the house and ran to the park. It's almost dark, the sunset looking beautiful behind me, but I'm too shaken by what I just discovered, so I run to the rundown crappy motel that the brothers are staying in. Just in time I see them jumping out if the car, hearing the car doors slam. Sammie is walking to the room door when I catch up to them.

"I know!" I cry out towards Dean. They both turn around confusion on both of their faces. I stop a foot in front of Dean. "I know" I repeat.

"Know what?" Sam questions me.

Never taking my eyes off of Dean, and he not me, Dean said, "Sammie, go inside, I'll be fine."

"Dean, you sure you'll be ok?"

"Yes, Sammie, go inside." He said that with a calm face but had an edge to his voice. Once Sam reluctantly slid inside the room Dean said in a low voice, just above a whisper, "Did Maria tell you?"

"No, my mom didn't say anything, but I found this," slowly I lifted the photo from my pocket and put it into his hand, all the while never taking my eyes off of his all too familiar ones.  His eyes dropped to the small picture of him and Mom. His gaze softened a little at the acknowledgment of me knowing. "I've always new my father wasn't dead." And I hugged him. It took a moment but he eventually hugged me back. We stood there for a moment just hugging each other then I asked him, "Can you do something for me?"

"Depends on what I'm doing."

"Can you teach me how to defend myself..., and how to use a gun?"

Placing the picture back into my palm, he took a moment to reply, but when he did my heart soared. "Yes"