Chapter 12;Dean

"Did you.. Is she..." I look down at her bloody body bundled into a ball.

"Don't worry; She's not dead." Cas answered my unasked question. I sigh, with a wave of relief, but it only lasted for a moment.

"Why did you do that?" I demand of him.

"She is one of them."

"What no she's not." I try to defend her, and maybe even defend myself for knowing her.

"Dean, that's what I was going to tell you."

I heard Sammie's voice from the floor, "Dean. He is right, look" I see Sammie leaning over the unconscious form of Natali, then moving to see what he is pointing at, I see him lifting her lip up and.., there are holes in her gums. That's impossible, I think.

"She has probably been recently turned."

"Why are you defending this girl even when we just saw her fangs!"

"Because..."

"Why Dean?"

"Because... she's my daughter alright?" Both of them are staring at me like I'm a skin walker and just changed form right in front of them.

"You have a daughter?" Cas asked, astounded that I would have a child.

"Cas you didn't know me seventeen years ago." Time passed. I didn't know how long until Sam brought up the topic of the girl laying unconscious on the floor.

"So what are we going to do with her." He indicated Natali with a nod of his head.

"Take her home," I plan, "wait till she wakes then let her go home, meanwhile Cas and I will go check out what he found."