Chapter 21;Natali

The terrible flavor of the stuff I had to drink is still in my mouth. Sam made it as soon as we got back to the motel. I drank it as Dean helped me with my wounds. "I think this one on your shoulder may scar." He said. I thought that was cool. After that happened they brought me home. My mother was ecstatic when I walked through the door, especially seeing Dean right behind me, and the bandages didn't help either. Even though she never stopped hugging me, she understood what happened. Another reason, Dean said, why I'm just like her. That night I slept like a baby. The next afternoon I got up to see mom up already and sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Let me take you," she said without me uttering a sound. I nodded. And she took me to the motel where the Winchester brothers are staying. We arrived just in time. I stepped out of the car exactly when the sound of the impala's trunk closing hit my ears. Sam is already climbing into the car. Dean walks toward me and Mom.

"So you were just going to leave without saying goodbye?" I say.

"He's not good at goodbyes, sweetie," my mom chimes in. I could tell by her tone that she was speaking from experience. They are staring into each other's eyes for a moment. The thing that broke the eye contact is a quiet stifle of a sob, from me. There was no need for explanation, my mom knew why. Before she could ruin my life forever I ran head first and rapped my arms around Dean's body. Sobbing into his shirt I said "I'll miss you." We hugged for what felt like an eternity yet a single second until my mom broke the silence. By her voice I can tell she is making a difficult decision, "Why don't you take a little 'road trip' with your father?" Even though it was a vague statement I knew what she meant. I look to Dean to see if he approved and by his expression he thought about saying the exact same thing. I look back to my mom then back again to Dean. He gave a smile and wiped the tears from my cheeks. We all took that as a 'yes'.

It took a while to pack. Dean told me I'll only need to pack clothes and the needed. So I did just that. Still I couldn't believe that I'm leaving this town for once in my life. I run downstairs from my bedroom with my bag over my shoulder, the one not still healing from the fight. I look out the window and see the shiny black Impala in front of the house and smile to my self. I swing around the banister into the kitchen and see Mom and Dean waiting there for me.

"You ready?" I nod. Then I got a mouth full of black hair and the breath gets knocked out of me as my mom's arms rap so tightly around me I can't breath.

We walk outside and into the impala. I added my duffel bag in the trunk along with theirs. Dean held the door for me. Almost immediately after the driver door closed, Sam said, on his laptop was a article of a mysterious death, "I found a possible witch hunt" and we were off, to San Fransisco, CA.