Chapter Three:Pretend Its Ok

(Feedback on the story so far is incredible love you all so much)

Aria had woken up at around ten in the morning. She looked around the room and remembered all the events from last night. After getting out of bed she found the bathroom where she brushed her teeth and hair then went downstairs where she heard arguing.

"Why can't I have my party? You and mom both promised me."An upset Mary said

"Because Mary your mother isn't in any kind of condition for a party you seen her yesterday."Riker said his voice rising

Aria stood in the doorway to the kitchen shyly "If I promised her then let her have the party."she said her voice made both Riker and Mary jump not noticing she was standing there.

Riker walked over to his wife "Aria I don't think that's a good idea."he said

Mary rolled her eyes and ran off to her bedroom slamming her door. Riker and Aria stood in silence. Their son Cole broke the silence when he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning mom."Cole said.

That word mom made Ariana cringe a bit but noticed her actions and quickly corrected it "Uh good morning."she said

Cole glared at Riker while getting a bowl of cereal. There was a tension so thick in the room you could cut it with a knife.

"What are we doing today?"Aria asked lightening the mood

"I have a meeting so you're here with the kids."Riker said

Cole rolled his eyes "Don't worry mom we'll take care of you since your own damn husband can't spare any second to."he said

"I'm your father Cole you will not talk to me like that."Riker said sternly

"You aren't even close to being a dad to me. You can go to hell."he shouted angrily and stormed off to his room.

Riker sighed angrily and was about to go to after his son until Aria stopped him "Let him be Riker."she said

"Let him be? After what he did?"Riker asked angry.

She nodded "Yes let him be. He's angry and hurt and trying to deal with this."

Sighing he bit his lip "I'm sorry I just have all these emotions going through my head."he said

Aria smiled at him kindly "It's alright. When you get home can we talk?"

"Yeah of course."Riker said

After Riker left Ariana began to make breakfast which felt like something she usually did. Around eleven thirty the kids were in the dinning room eating their breakfast.

"What are we doing today?"Mary asked

Ariana shrugged "I figure we could talk about your party,finish up the last minute things."

Her daughters face turned bright and happy "Oh thank you so much mom."she said hugging her mother

At Rikers meeting all he could think about was his wife and how he was always fighting with his kids. This wasn't how his family worked,they always got along. Well that was because Ariana was the glue of the family basically.

"You alright man?"Rocky asked his brother after their meeting

"Yeah"Riker said then quickly changed his answer "Okay not really,I'm just stressed out ever since Aria came home yesterday."

Rocky placed his hand on his brothers shoulder "She'll remember I promise"he said then walked away.

When Riker got home he heard laughter from the bedroom. He watched silently for awhile. What he seen was his son telling Aria how they had a family vacation and she fell trying to ice skate. While the kids continued telling stories,Aria was painting their daughters nails.

"Pink mommy!"Paisley said handing her the link nail polish

Aria laughed and began to paint Paisleys nails pink "They look lovely. Like a princess."she told the 6 year old.

This was how the family was before Arias accident, Riker had thought to himself.

"Daddy,daddy! Look mommy painted my nails."Paisley said rushing to her father to show him her nails

"They look beautiful Pixie."Riker said using the nickname Aria had given her since she was so small and fragile looking.

Aurora came out next "Mine is blue. Like your favorite color!"she said happily

Aria watched from the bedroom at how they acted toward Riker. She knew they were young so they wouldn't understand what had happened and why she didn't remember them but Aria acted like she did just to keep those little girls smiling. All she had to do was keep pretending it was okay and eventually it would be.

(I know this book is sad isn't it? I'm sorry guys if you cry I don't mean to make it that sad. Comment and vote and follow me on twitter @LittleMixersR5 and talk to me cause I love talking to everyone who reads my stories.)