Baby Elizabeth

Okay, their will be about 8 or 9 more chapters... the ending will be sad, but that's the future. Now let's get to the chappie!!!

Lily's pov

"Severus, hurry up! We're going to be late!" I screamed as I put on my shoes. He ran out of our bedroom and into the living room.

"Okay! Let's go." He said.

"Severus, you need shoes." I said while laughing. He looked at me and laughed, a big, loud laugh that no one has ever heard before.

He put on his shoes and we apperated to the Children's Home.

"Ma'am, may I help you?" A lady said.

"Uh, yes actually. We are here to adopt the baby girl that arrived last week." I said.

"Oh, I am so sorry. She was adopted three days ago. Apperatly, it was her grandmother on her father's side." She said. I felt my heart crumble. I was so looking forward to holding the sweet baby in my arms.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." Severus said. I took his hand and laced my fingers with his.

And I cried.

Harry's pov

Mum and Dad were supposed to be here about thirty minutes ago, maybe it took longer than expected.

Swoosh

Dad stepped out of the fireplace.

"Where's Mum?" I asked. He looked at me, there was sadness in his eyes.

"She's in our room." He said.

"With Elizabeth, but we wanted to see her." I said.

"We did too, but we didn't." He whispered.

"What? I don't understand." I said.

"She was adopted three days ago, by her grandmother." He said, then he sat on the sofa.

"I'm so sorry Dad. Maybe next time. Or, Merlin I can't believe I'm about to say this, but maybe you can try to have a baby." I said. He looked up from the floor.

"I mean we could, but something could go wrong. Do you think she'll want to?" He asked.

"I don't know, Dad." He stood up and went to the fireplace.

"Thank you." He said, then threw the powder in the fireplace. And left.