Enrollment

I tugged up my gloves, changed into my long black coat, and strapped my swords across my back. It turns out I am not the only one with duel wielding. Kirito has it too. That means I still have not gained the special ability dad only gave to me. I hope to find it soon.

I have wanted to get into the assault team but have not had the guts worried I would get discovered but... to heck with that fear! Today was the day I was going for an interview and test to see if I was good enough. Darn right I am good enough! The room was large and hung with Knights of the Bloodoath banners. No offense to them but they are really annoying how they use there authority over people. My thoughts were cut off by Asuna, the vice commander walking into the room. So she will test me.
"So," Asuna said. "Let's get work. Please state your name and your typical fighting style."
"Akane. Fighting style one handed swords. Duel wielding." I responded.
Asuna's eyes widened a little at the last part but she only made a small remark. "So he's not the only one then." I only gave a nod. "Well, How about we get a couple people for you to duel with. But first let's see the swords you own and your level." I pulled the swords out from off my back. (Thanks Kirito for the idea!) And showed them to her. She called in a Smith to look at them and the Smith gave the ok that they were good weapons.
"Level?" Asuna asked again.
I looked down. "Level 87." I should be higher. I am Akane fricking Kayaba! I helped build this game! Asuna nodded. "Good. Higher than most people. Now time to test your skills! Let's start with level 85 players." I nodded in agreement.

Let's just say the first battle was REALLY easy. I beat him in a matter of seconds. We moved on till I was against people of my level. I still beat them pretty fast finally I got to having to fight Asuna a level 90. We calmly stared at each other waiting for one of us to make a move. She moved first. She leaped at me with lightning speed but I twisted out of the way. She whipped around slashing at my stomach but I blocked it with Dark Heart. Following it up with a stab from Shadow. The rest of the battle was a blur till the last part. Asuna made a desperate attempt to press back my defenses. While she did that I pressed Dark Heart up it her rib cage. Asuna stopped short for if she went any farther I would kill her. She nodded her head in approval. "Welcome to the Assult team." She smiled. "I will keep in touch with you to let you know when the next meeting is."
I accepted the friend request and smiled. "Hope to see you soon. By the way tell Kirito that I want to duel with him." Her eyes widened and I smirked. I am guessing that she does not hear that often. Asuna nodded still in slight shock as I left. Well that was a successful day!

I swear this is the most boring assignment one can get. I was put in a group with Mr. Creepy himself. His name was Klein and he was getting on my nerves.
"Oi! Akane! Stop giving me the cold shoulder. How about I take you to dinner!" Klein called.
"For the last time NO!" I screamed.
"c'mon you will have a bla-" Klein started.
I turned around and punched him in the gut. "Next time it will be your face." I said coolly and turned away he was silent the rest of the journey. Klein and I were assigned to find a group of people who went missing in a dungeon. We knew they were alive but had not moved from a certain positions in the last two days. They told me this was my "Enrollment mission." This is going to be a long trip...

We came to the dungeon about 15 minutes later. The dungeon was rumored to have high level monsters that dropped ultra rare metal and items. Though was mostly deemed to dangerous to go in. The missing group was one of the few groups to go in. On the map it seems that they are in a big cavern. The cavern seems to be in the center of the of 5 different tunnels with small alcoves around the edge. We have no idea why they have not come back we are mostly thinking that they ran into a no crystal zone and the monsters are to strong so they are hiding somehow.
"Well shall we go in?" Klein asked. By the way he was talking he was back to his old self. Great.(note sarcasm.)
"Sure. Just wait a second." I told him. I equipped my swords and decided to wear my black coat to make sure while fighting my gloves would not roll up revealing my tattoo. Curse that freaking tattoo! When I was done I nodded to Klien and we walked into the entrance of the dungeon. At first it was dark but as we walked the tunnel started to light up. I looked at my map. It showed a branch up ahead but there was a secret passage off to the left that the group had taken. As we walked along the passage I felt unsettled. I feel like something is missing. What is missing? Crystals? Check. Mark covered? Check. Klein with me? Check. Swords equipped? Check. But what is missing...

We were about a mile from the cavern when I realized what was wrong. There were no monsters. Sure was the occasional low level monsters but that was it. What about the high level rare item dropping mosters? Also, now this feels like a familiar path I have taken be for. Yes I took this path during the beta test and be for this became a death game. I took it with my fellow... Oh no. Oh no! No! NO! We had to get out of here fast! They probably already know we are here they are probably silently laughing at us. At ME for being so stupid.
"Klien..." I whispered. "We need to leave right now."
"Why? The group is just up ahead?" Klein asked.
"Shh." I said my voice quivering. "Act natural. We need to leave. Righ now. We will die if we stay. Trust me." He started to protest but I told him to shut up. He then new I was serious. He nodded.
"Follow my lead." I said and walked down a tunnel that led back out of the dungeon. My hands shook but I tried to keep them still. They can not see me act weak. They could not. No matter how hard I tried though I could not calm down for I knew we most likely won't get out of hear alive.

(A/N: So who do you think Akane is talking about? Was this chapter long enough? Let me know please! Also, please vote comment and share this story! Bye till next week, Thilia_Jackson)