Beginning Before the End (Part 2)

(A/N: Been a while since I updated. Sorry. Anyway, here is an update!)

I watched as the room filled in front of the boss doors. Soldier's grim faces were reflected in the water. So many of them have had enough of this game.
"Alright!" Asuna shouted. "We are about to enter the boss room. We have no idea what is going to happen besides the information that Akane, Lance, Nathaniel, Arthur, and Dean provided. Don't forget, we are running up on time here so fight as hard as possible and we can finish this quicker. I want to leave just as bad as you."
With that lovely pep talk she shoved open the doors. The same thing happened as last time except, unfortunately I was rushing towards it not observing. The minute the legged and horned fish solidified I leapt up in to the air to avoid it's sudden charge. The soldiers in front raised their shields in attempt to stop the thing but they ended up rolling over like bowling pins. I stifled a laugh. No one died in that Attack so I was perfectly fine with the amusing display.
"Akane..." Warned Asuna.
"Sorry ma'am!" I said mockingly before taking after the fish at a sprint. I dodged soldiers that were slowly circling the fish in an attempt to trap it. No good that will do after what just happened. I used the last solider as a launching pad. He crouched down as my full weight was exerted on his shoulder. As I flew up in the air I raised my swords bring them down in an arc leaving a deep cut on the fishes left side. The fish made a loud gurgling noise before turning towards me. I turned around just in time to roll out of the way. The Knights took this chance to run at the fish at cut off it's legs. The fish began flopping around trying to crush us with limited success. The sight was almost pathetic. I sighed, this battle was relatively boring. I sheathed my swords while one of the soldiers finished the boss off. Another floor completed. This victory was not triumphant. Just another small chip taken away from the stone.

Time skip to being on floor 73

I was not in the mood. I was stuck training for a boss fight I wasn't even going to take part in. We were coming up on a battle to gain access to the 74 floor and I was taking a break, but no. Asuna and the rest of the Knights think that if you don't train for a couple weeks you lose all abilities to function. Asuna is one to talk. She spent weeks and weeks on a vacation with Kirito in some nice cozy cabin. Now that I get a break, I still have to train.
"What are you doing? Start doing hand-to-hand combat! What are you, sleeping?" My way over the top instructor shouted. Emphasis on way.
"Cool it. Jeez, I relax for one second and you think the world's going to end. What even was your name again?" I replied obviously annoyed.
"Name is Gerardo. But as your instructor you call me sir." Gerardo said in a cold tone. "This training is very important to your fellow Knights. If you are not useful than you risk their lives."
"Gerardo? I have heard a lot of strange names in my life but that takes the cake. Also, for your information I am quite capable and considering this a game, you can't lose skills, strength or speed. This training is, to a certain degree, pointless. Almost all of us have already maxed out most skills." I argued. As I said earlier, I was not in a great mood.
Gerardo apparently didn't like my response." I see you have a smart mouth. Well, why don't you show off your brilliant skills."
Normally, I would have handled this a lot better but I was having a bad day. I had woken up at 5:00 in the morning after getting to bed late and then came to this training for a battle I wasn't taking part of. Then this guy decides he was going to try to Lord power over me. So let's just say what happened next was not my best moment.
"F**k you." I responded glaring him up at him.
His eye twitched and he grabbed the front of the jacket I was wearing and looked me right in the eye. Wrong move. I kneed Gerardo, seriously what kind of name is that, in the croch and pulled both his arms behind his back to the point were they would break in real life. He struggled trying to break free. Groaning in pain.
"I am a lot stronger than I look. So, if you don't mind, I'm not happy today and will be leaving to have a nice break by myself. Got that?" I said giving him a death stare. He visibly paled and gave a slight nod. My face instantly brightened.
"Thanks, sweetheart!" I called taking off. Leaving a group of stunned soldiers and a very flustered Gerardo.

I hummed to myself as I drew. I had decided to take my days off to practice drawing and eating random bakery goods I found in shops. This was my perfect break. It pained me slightly knowing that any day now the Knights of the Blood Oath would be storming the boss room and I would not be helping to save lives but we all need a break sometimes. I was tired of all the running around and fighting. My little episode with Gerardo was named was being spread around making things a bit awkward when I walked near headquarters and people recognized me. So, a break also allowed me to escape that. I wanted to live a peaceful school girl life again but then again my life never really has been normal. At the most when I get out of this game I am going to be stuck in a war between father and court. I sighed setting down my pencil.
"What a world." I murmured frowning. Oh well, this should be ending soon. Our bodies are running out of time. Let's hope we make it in time.

(A/N: This was short. Sorry, this update was crappy. Anyway, after this book is done I am going to start on a new project but it may not be put out for a while. Just have taken a larger interest in an idea I have but it will take much longer to get the book fully developed and well written so after this book is published I may not be on for a while. Just a heads up but for now I am going to continue updating. :)  )