Never Been Loved (Harry)

I just took him by his arm and dragged him into the first empty place I could find. I  slammed the door shut and locked it. I whipped around to shoot him death glares.

“What the fuck was that?!” I yelled at the top of my voice.

“We’re in the ladies bathroom.” He smirked.

“Harry, now is not the time!” I shouted, my voice getting hoarse.

He sighed.

We stood there silently, waiting for the other to speak first. Harry and me had been best friends since we were toddlers. Back when girls played with their dollies and boys were under the impression that girls carried cooties, we found peace in each other company. I didn’t grow up playing with Barbie dolls and he didn’t play much soccer. We just always did what we were best at, sitting cooped up in either of our rooms and talking day and night about the most important to the most irrelevant things. There was a phase where everybody teased us and our close friends tried to set us up but I always insisted he was my best friend, nothing more. We assessed each others girlfriends and boyfriends and made sure we were there for each other when it ended badly.

So here we were, on a double date, meeting each others dates.

I’d been dating Noah for over a month now and Harry wanted to meet him. Harry brought his date, Cameron, who he’d been with for three weeks so we could meet them.

But the tension was so thick, it could be cut with a knife. Harry kept asking Noah weird, uncomfortable questions and was talking very rudely and curtly with him.

So when it went to “Have you ever cheated on any of your previous girls?” I knew I had to bring an end to it.

“Why would you do that?! I don’t talk to your gazillion girlfriends that way!” I yelled, breaking the silence, now shaking my best friends shoulder back and forth, begging for an answer.

“I don’t like him.” He shrugged.

“Oh you wanna know my opinion on that girl of yours? Do you? She has 3 inches of caked makeup dumped on her face. She wears a dress that JUST covers her plastic tits, the dress also ends just below her arse by the way. She looks like a slut Harry, and you know it. Oh may I just add? When I went out to get fresh air, I’m pretty sure I heard her call someone a “sexy little arse Jordan"- I think. So please don’t think she’s some perfect little girlfriend. But if I can control my mouth, I’m sure you can too.” I said in one breath, running my hands through my hair.

“Ok maybe I shouldn’t be evaluating your future boyfriends anymore. Clearly, my opinion doesn’t matter, so why bother?” he said softly with sad eyes and started walking to the door.

“No Harry! It does matter! I just… You’re too forward Harry! You were making him uncomfortable!” I whined, holding his wrist, still talking to his back.

“Does my opinion really matter?” he asked, turning around. I saw tears collecting in his big green eyes.

“Of course it does! Look I’ll try to get to know Cameron…” I mumbled, holding onto Harry’s hand.

He let out a chuckle.

“What?” I asked questioningly.

“You want the truth? I met that girl yesterday. I didn’t want to be the third wheel for this date. I don’t even know that girl much and don’t really like her either.” He said, embarrassment plastered all over his face.

“Oh my God Haz, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make it awkward…”I mumbled.

“Can I ask you something?” he said sadly.

“Hmm?” I asked.

“Why does my opinion matter?” he said simply.

“Ugh I don’t know!” I said, getting worked up again. “I just- you matter to me and he’s my boyfriend and you’ll just should get along and…” I stopped, having nothing else to say.

“Are you happy with him?” he asked with a concerned voice.

“Harry I… I… He’s a nice guy… he…” I stuttered, struggling for words. Was I happy with him? I don’t know! There was no electricity with him. I don’t love him but I don’t hate him either! He’s just… there.

“Answer my question Jade. Are you happy with him?” he said slowly this time, pronouncing each word clearly.

“I don’t… know” I said finally, running my fingers through my hair and hanging my head low, eyes screwed shut.

I stood there like that for a few seconds. I could feel his eyes on me, but I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. And I didn’t have the nerve to look at him.

All my thoughts were interrupted when I stumbled a few steps back, when a pair of warm lips fell smack on mine. What am I doing?! WHAT AM I DOING?! I asked myself while kissing him. My brain told me to pull away but my heart wouldn’t let me. Unconsciously, my hands were toying with his hair and his had a firm grip on my back, holding me close. My lips were slowly melting into his and I stopped caring about anything in the world. I didn’t care that we were inside a locked ladies washroom. I didn’t care that we both had dates waiting for us. I didn’t care that the food on the table may be getting cold. I didn’t care that this may ruin my friendship with him forever. I didn’t care…

After finally running out of breath, we pulled away. His grip on me was still as tight as ever. His eyes were shining and his lips were swollen. He rested his forehead on mine and just stared into my eyes.

I opened my mouth to say something but words defeated me. Nothing came out of my mouth and I shut it back.

“I love you.” He whispered with a smile.

I was too shocked to say anything. His smile was slowly fading.

“I always have, And I promise I always will.” He said again, his eyes pleading with me.

Tears started collecting in my eyes. I kept staring at his eyes, not blinking even once. I was too scared to say those words. I’ve never said them before. I’ve never had them said to me before.

After struggling for a few seconds, I finally managed “I l-lo-love you H-Harry.” I said, a tear running down my cheek.

He smiled at me and his eyes lit up, but just for a second. “Why are you crying?” he asked, wiping the tear with his thumb.

“Nobody has ever loved me before.” I managed in a weak voice.

“That’s not true. I always have.” He smiled reassuringly and tucked a few stands of my hair into place.

I gave him a small shy smile and buried my head in his chest to hide the blush.

He chuckled and held me tightly in his arms, his strong safe arms.

“I think I like your new boyfriend!” he smirked as we pulled apart, making our way back to our table to give our dates our apologies.

A/N: So we've started writing one shots! We hope you guys enjoyed this one! Please please let us know!!

BowsAndNutella xx