Chapter 54

c h a p t e r       f i f t y    f o u r

2019, December
Philippines

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The battle started as his enemies charged to attack. Ace swung his weapon and dodge their attack with minimal effort to counterattack. One by one, he gifted them deep cuts and blood runs. It was never a sight so pleasing to him but in the eyes of the monsters making a living out of killing people, it is as worthy as gold.

Ranks 28 and 34 attacked at the same time. Pinalibutan nila si Ace. Unang umatake ang miyembro ng rank 28. Gamit ang double-bladed kunai na hawak ng isa, sinugod niya si Ace at nagpakawala ng mabibilis na atake. Umilag si Ace ngunit sa ginawa niyang ito may sumipa sa kaniyang likuran kaya nawalan siya ng balanse at napaluhod ang isa niyang tuhod ngunit hindi ito naging hadlang. Umikot siyang sumipa patalikod at tumalon para bumangon saka pinabaunan ng Brazilian kick ang isa sa mga kalaban. Bumagsak ito sa ring ng walang malay.

Walang katapusang sipa, suntok, at pagsaksak ang iginawad sa kaniya ng mga kalaban niya ngunit sa kabila nito nagawa niya silang patumbahin isa isa. Marami na rin siyang natamong mga sugat at nauubos na rin ang kaniyang lakas na mapapansin sa kaniyang paghingal. Makikita ang usok na binubuga ng kaniyang hininga at ng kaniyang katawan dahil sa init na lumalabas dito. Mayroon pang dalawang ranko na kaniyang kakalabanin at tila mas malakas ito kaysa sa mga naunang rankong kinalaban niya. Ang mga rankong 4 at 8. Alam niyang malakas rin sila dahil pasok sila sa top 10. Mga yakuza ang mga kinabibilangan ng mga ito samantalang sila ng grupo niyang Thanatos ay independent na grupo. Maaaring may mga nakahandang masamang pakulo ang mga ito dahil sila ang nagpasimula ng pag-agaw sa trono ni Rain bilang five-starred supreme.

Lumapit ang leader ng rank 4 na si Lucas. "You just won't give up, do you?" sambit nito ng nakangisi. Hindi maipaliwanag ni Ace ang kaniyang pagkamuhi sa mga ito at sa kaniyang kalagayan dahil kahit gusto ng isip niyang lumaban pa, tila hindi makasunod ang kaniyang katawan.

"Come hell or water, I will deliver you to the pits of hell."

"Really?" mapang-asar na sabi nito.

"I heard an interesting news," patuloy nito. Ngumisi siya at lumapit kay Ace saka bumulong, "She be looking strong but opens her legs to just anyone."

That got Ace to a boiling point where he doesn't care whether he will ever be forgiven for his next move.

"死ね!" (Die!)

A speedy sillhouete dashes before his eyes. Lucas fell dead on the floor with two protruding kunai in his eyes. They screamed so loud out of fear and excitement—the crazy, loathful, devil they are. The latter being the loudest. It was Rhys, Rain's brother.

His face can't be seen due to his full face mask which symbolizes a Supreme, and the Scott's crest engraved around the right eye. Ace didn't care and he went for Lucas who was already lifeless on the floor and was about to stab him but Rhys interfered. "Enough."

He pushed him and attacked him but he countered. "You're not the boss of me." The other rank who will fight next immediately run towards them. This time, there was more of them. They are surely outnumbered. Rhys rolled on the ground and stab the men's legs leaving them unable to walk for the next months. While, Ace, who's getting weaker every move he make, is having a blurry vision.

The Thanatos can't take it. So, they jumped in and took part of it. Lance threw punches as if his anger is above the roof for he no longer expects this battle to be worked out with words. He cannot believe everything that has happened and he knows that everryone feels like that. The only regret he can't seem to let go is not having the chance to tell her that he's really, so darn in love with her. He may have felt like he was idolizing her because she's the strongest in this world but no. At first, he did, thinking she's some kind of a star and he's a fan but he started to look at her differently—he cared for her even if she didn't notice. He lost his chance before he could even grab it.