CHAPTER 15 HOME SAFE AND SECURE

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAWS OF 1988 FOR SHERRY E MONTGOMERY

CHAPTER 15 HOME SAFE AND SECURE

MARIA'S POV

Waking up I feel the nice warmth beside me that I can't help but cuddle up to. It feels like I am finally home, safe and secure. I have never felt like this before. I have never woke up feeling completely secure and safe.

I know this is just a nap but I am so rested. It's like I have had a wonderful nights rest. Come to think of it I woke up with the same rested feeling this morning. I wonder why I am sleeping so well with the baby due in a couple of weeks I'm surprised I am sleeping at all.

I start to stretch and realize that a strong arm is pulling me up against a lean hard body. Panic ... instant and complete. Who is in the bed with me? It's not Lewis. This body is ...Lean...Hard...not soft with a little gut. This is not Lewis. Don't get me wrong I love Lewis but the body I am being pulled against is a home I could get lost in. It's strong and toned. The eight pack rippling against my stomach is to die for. There is a large strong hand rubbing circles on my lower back and on my baby bump.

"Maria I know you are awake and all the sudden getting anxious. Are the contractions getting worse?" This strong soothing voice asks full of tenderness as I fell a soft but jolting kiss against my forehead. Come to think of it I can feel little shocks running all over my body coming out of the points of contact.

"Contractions? What contractions? I'm not having contractions." I say confused.

"I'm not in pain. How can I be having contractions? I would know if I were having contractions." I say almost in a panic.

"Sweetheart. You are definitely having contractions. You aren't really feeling them because at the moment I am keeping them from you. Plus I am keeping our baby girl quiet as well." I recognize the voice now as Michael's.

"Michael, why are you laying in the bed with me?"

"Well ... um... I was bring you from the conversation with the King and Queen because you were upset and it was more than what you could handle. Do you remember? You were finally letting out all the grief and pain you felt over loosing Mary and then us not finding each other until after you were married. You feel asleep again in my arms and when I laid you down you were very restless and crying in your sleep. After checking on DeNice I came over here and laid next to you. The King told me to stay with you until you were resting quietly. You haven't been sleeping. Every time I tried to leave you would start to whimper again then about an hour ago I noticed the contractions. I called Eve and she came in and checked. She said that you were definitely in labor. She has sent the helo after you doctor. There is another helo on standby waiting for the doctor to say whether or not you are in labor for real or not. If she deems that you are then Lewis will be brought here immediately." He tells me.