CHAPTER 19 TIME TOGETHER

©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO SHERRY E MONTGOMERY UNDER THE COPYWRITE LAW OF 1988

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO KERSTINEVANILLA FOR THE WONDERFUL JOB SHE DID ON THE COVER.

CHAPTER 19

MICHAEL'S POV

I can't believe that Michael has asked me to be responsible for his family if something happens to me and in the wolf world. Would he do the same if he knew that Maria is my mate? Would he ask me something so important if he knew just how much I failed her?

I can't get the questions about how much I have failed my mate out of my mind.

I am currently running the obstacle course at the palace in my human form. It has been six weeks since DeAnna was born and they will be heading home in the morning.

I have spent a good bit of time with the girls but not their mother. She has been spending time with the Queen and King learning about our world.

I have got to get use to calling them Papa and Grandma

Eve. When in private, this is what they want me to call them. Of course when others are present who don't know then I have to use their titles or names depending on who is with us.

To think that David and Eve are actually family now is something I can't get my head around, at least not yet.

I know you must be thinking that they aren't yet but in our world once you find your mate their family is yours as well.

I know it will be awhile before I can claim her. Actually it will be years. She is still mine.

Her children are mine as well. Lewis is their human daddy but Liam is their wolf father. Michael has asked me to be around them because he knows that I will protect them and he wants them to have someone they trust in their lives that belongs to our world.

Lewis stayed two weeks and then had to go back to work. He has been here every weekend.

Mom and Dad have been here twice to see the girls and Maria.

It will be hard on me if I see Maria all the time. I guess I need to talk with her before she goes home. After all I am in charge of her security detail.

As soon as I finish the obstacle course I call Maria and ask if I can come by and discuss the security that will be assigned to her and the girls.

On my way to the shower I call Maria and ask her if I can come by after the girls have gone to sleep. I will meet her in her private quarters sitting room. We will leave the door open so that there isn't any question as to what is going on and the servants can see that.

I knock on her door at 9 and she answers. She is wearing a pretty sundress that is a bright yellow. It looks good against her tanned skin. Her hair is down and looks great. Long silky hair reach almost down to her waist. Lately she has been wearing up pulled back and up but tonight it is down. She is very beautiful.

"Hi! Come on in." Maria says as she answers the door.

"How are you doing?" I ask her.

"Considering everything they tell me I am doing great...but truth is I'm not sure. I am learning so much at the same time I have a six week old baby and another one that is about to be 2. I'm tired." She tells me leading me to the couch as she takes a comfortable chair.

"Eve I wish I could help. You look great though." I tell her.

"Thank you. So want to tell why you are really here. I mean I know that we need to discuss the security and that Lewis asked you to be in charge. You know he trust you." She tells me as she draws her feet under her.