At the Feet of War

I looked down at the ground and back to the sun. Footsteps grew louder behind me, I quickly turned around, and to my suprise there was no one there.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"
"I am."
"Who are you?"
"I am the whispers in the wind, the voice in the back of your head screaming for you to stop."
"Who are you?",I shouted
"I am."
"Stop saying that, who are you!"
"I am...who...they call Order."
"Order?"
"Yes Evan, I may not physically be here yet but soon I will, and when I arrive, I will take the light from the world, and there will only be darkness, and when I return for the third time I will destroy that darkness forever."
"How do you plan to do that?"
"I am Order I can do what can't be done."
"Then I look forward to your coming, please I beg you come soon."
"Oh Evan, you truly are the poorest creature in all of this universe."
"Leave me, whisper!"
"Very well."

The wind grew silent, and the sun darkened, the day was now dark and cold. I walked to the shack. Inside still sat the bed that Aryn gave me. I looked around the room and found the book that had started this journey for me. I was partially covered in straw and dirt so I wiped it off and opened the book. Inside was the Bible verse, but on all of the subsequent pages there were words, however these words were recognizable, and even odder on the pages was everything that had happened sense I had touched the book. It told of my rise in light and my rise in darkness, however it stopped at the current time, and all of the pages after it were blank. In the distance I heard loud voices and through the cracks in the walls of the shack I saw bright lights.
"We must find him, Life said he is highly dangerous!", one man said.
"Hey, let's check the shack, he is probably in there!", another man said.

I ran up the ladder and hid myself at the top of the shack. The shack's main door swung open, and people flooded in. Their lights seeped through the splintered wood. My breath began to increase.

"Hey Sir look at this, it's a book."
"What does it say?"
"The Book of Truth."
"Bring it to me."
"Sure.", he grabbed the book and immediately he fell backwards into the wall.
"Are you okay?"
"The book there is somthing magical about it."
"I saw, he must be here."

The wood beneath me began to crack, I lifted my body slowly, but my leg broke through the wood. I quickly grabbed onto the edge, trying to hold on, but it was no use. I fell to the ground and landed in front of the two men.

"There you are!", the taller man said.
"I'll get him."
"Please do not touch me."
"We don't listen to fugitives. Sorry."
"I am not a fugitive, I have no true blemish to my name.
"Murder is not a blemish apparently."
"I don't mean to undermine the power of murder, but my actions are just."
"Your actions are far from just."

Life walked in,"Leave him to me, you two, you both may go back home."
"Life, why...why are you doing this!"
"You are a monster!"
"I am not!"
"Then prove it."
"How, how can I prove somthing like that? Tell me how!?"
"Well I think you did just prove somthing, Evan whatever good was in you is gone!"
"I hate you, and every good person in this world, I hate the light!"
"Evan, I am so sad for you. You are so lost, and I know now you will never be found."
"So did you come here to return me to the cell."
"No, Evan I came to exterminate you!"
"Yeah right, you are Life."
"Don't you dare patronize me!"
"Are you angry?"

Life lifted her hands and giant beams of white light shot from her and at me, the pain of the light flooded in me. I looked up at her with pain in my eyes, and raised my hand, Life looked at me as a black smoke bled through her eyes.

"Evan, you did it, you killed me!", Life said as life left her body, and she fell to the floor.
I stared down at her corpse, "Don't play with evil."

I lifted my hand and Life's body, lifted from the ground, and fell down at the edge of the doorway. At the doorway, War stood looking down at Life's body.
"That was unexpected. I have to admit, I wasn't rooting for you, but you did it."
"I am going to take that as a compliment."
"Take it as you will."
"Without Life, getting in the way, I will destroy the world and all of its stupid inhabitants."
"Last time I checked, Evan you are one of those stupid inhabitants."
"Oh but I am so far from stupid."
"I guess."
"What do you mean, I guess."
"Your heart will be your downfall."
"Then let me destroy it."
"I wouldn't do that if I were you, then again, you are smart so you must know best correct?"
"Don't you dare-"
"No, do not use a voice of authority against me Evan!"
"Leave me, and only return when I need you to!"
"You don't mean that, but I am more than happy to leave."

War dissapered, and I was left alone with the body of Life, laying at my feet. As I stared at her empty lifeless body, I began to realize I was the evil that everyone feared, and I was the evil that tears apart homes, I was the evil that rested in the hearts of the lonely, and those who are angry.