hold me closer

that gif is lit af amirite

AND LISTENING TO "HANDS TO MYSELF" BY SELENA GOMEZ WHILE WRITING THIS WAS SO FUCKING INSPIRATIONAL CAUSE SELENA IS A QUEEN OK BYE

Night fell and it let a cool breeze slip past my windows, raising goosebumps on my skin. I laid in bed, only shallow breaths escaping me as I tried to sleep. But I couldn't.

Maybe because I was just processing the fact that Leo was a guardian angel in disguise and apparently Eros's best friend?

I chose to push that issue aside for the moment.

A minuscule thump reached my ears, thoughts of Eros flooding through my mind. "Petaloúda."

"Greek Salad."

The bed dipped as he got on and that smell of rain that seemed to follow him left me slightly dazed.

And the fact that my parents were home and sound asleep next door came to my attention.

"Hey, we have to be quieter since my parents are home. They probably already think I'm insane and hearing me "talk to myself" wouldn't help my case."

"Why, are we going to be doing something noisy?" If I could see his face, i knew he would have a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Oh please. I have standards." Thank goodness he couldn't see my face right now. Hopefully.

"What would those standards be then?" He sounded way too interested for his own good.

"Higher than yours, Greek Salad."

A low laugh escaped his lips, beckoning a light blush to heat my cheeks. "I can assure you, Tessa, that I exceed all expectations."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart." I wish that I could shut up sometimes. That would really come in handy.

I felt the lightest brush of his fingers against my skin, starting a marathon of tingles through my body. I froze immediately, rendered still by the strange set of sensations burning my skin. Eros's soft fingertips trailed down my neck, tracing each line in my skin. I felt like I could fly and do damn near anything I wanted.

So I did.

Gathering my courage, I lifted myself off the bed and found myself straddling Eros's lap. Moonlight shimmered ambiguously upon his body, highlighting each coil of muscle, each rope of smooth tan skin exposed to my eyes.

I let my hands rest on his chest, fisting the thin fabric of his shirt. Then they traveled over his heartbeat and adrenaline spiked through my body at the thought of my touch affecting him the same way. Feeling even more fearless, I traced each crevice of his face, relishing in the feel of his sharp jaw, angular cheekbones and his soft skin.

"Tessa..." He murmured so softly, I almost missed it.

My fingertips brushed against his lips. His skin was burning against my hand. It was comforting and sparked something that I couldn't decipher. I just wanted to be spontaneous- I didn't care for the consequences- I was long gone.

"Just shut up. I want to try something."

"What are you doing," Eros responded, his warm breath a soft kiss on my lips.

Reaching even further upwards, my fingers weaved into his surprisingly luscious hair that slipped through my fingers.

Seriously what shampoo did he use...? Damn, his hair is so soft.

I wonder what color-

"Are you planning on feeling up my hair all night, petaloúda?"

"Goddamit Eros, why does your hair feel like silk and angel wings had a baby?"

"You are very creative with your comparisons."

"Shush. Don't disturb my process. Now I am going to do something I will probably regret-"

"What are you going to regret?"

I shot him a pointed look.

"If you would let me finish, I was going to say, this." And my lips pressed against his, throwing caution to the wind. Fireworks danced behind my eyes and stars became moons.

But a realization also hit me at the same time: I had no fúcking idea on how to kiss.

WE NEED A SHIP NAME FOR THEM GUYS