strange

^ what do you guys think of this cover?

I woke up the next morning alone, only the faint smell of rain hinting at Eros ever being here.

Loud voices drifted from downstairs- who was up at 8:30 in the morning and eating breakfast already. I wasn't mentally ready for so much noise and people.

It turned out to be my parents, Ophelia and her boyfriend, Jacob. That I was still inherently creeped out by.

What the hell was he doing here on a Saturday? Didn't he have better things to do in life?

It was like he was the new addition to my family- the son my dad always wanted. He was spending almost every day eating breakfast in the morning with us and now it was extending to the weekends.

I walked down the stairs carefully, the cold tile hitting me with a chill with each step. "Tessa, come eat breakfast!" My mom grinned brightly, patting the seat beside hers. "Miranda made waffles!"

Jacob shot me a smile, but something about it was off. It looked so practiced. It was unnerving.

It was probably just my imagination. Or my Sherlock senses going haywire.

"God, you look like you were in a tornado. At least look a little decent. My boyfriend is here." Ophelia sneered lowly at me as I sunk into the seat beside her.

I just pretended like I didn't hear her and started spooning food into my plate. I reached for the syrup and a hand got to it before me, handing it to me.

"Here's the syrup." Jacob said, another smile plastered on his features. His dark eyes were trained on me with an uncomfortable intensity.

"Um, thanks." I mumbled, quickly creeping into my awkward shell.

"Hey, I'm sorry if there was a lot of noise yesterday from Lia's room- we had the TV on pretty loud. I didn't realize you had company," Jacob apologized, his tone full of sincerity but his obsidian eyes told a different story.

Fuck, did he hear me and Eros?

The only way he could have heard anything in my room is if he was in my room. Jacob really was someone to be suspicious of.

"You had someone over?" My dad questioned, his leaden eyes narrowed with an accusation. "Who?"

"I didn't have anyone over, Dad." I replied evenly. But I could feel my face turning bright red as it usually did when I lied. And that unwanted tremble in my voice would follow.

I was so bad at lying.

"Sorry, I might be mistaken. I just thought I heard voices from your room," Jacob replied, still digging into my goddamn business. "It's none of my business anyways."

Damn straight it isn't.

"If you have anyone, especially if it's a boy, you need to let your mother and I know, Tessa." Dad said with a steel resolve. "Ophelia has introduced us to her boyfriend and abides by our rules. They apply to you as well."

Yeah, the rules would be more enforced if you were actually here.

My mom nodded along with my dad, rebutting his statement.

"Got it," I mumbled. I sent a silent curse of bad luck to Jacob. He deserved it for being a nosy bitch.

"Yeah, if anyone was even willing to hang out with you," Ophelia spat at me under her breath, but loud enough for me to hear.

But I didn't say anything back because I was too consumed by the thought of Jacob knowing something he shouldn't.

ophelia irritates me so much

ophelia irritates me so much. ugh.