numb

Assclown #1 :: Raphael

Assclown #2 :: Michael

Assclown #3 :: Raziel

.

I couldn't breathe. Everything was numb and it was like the world had paused. And all I could do was pathetically look at Eros's dead body, sprawled in front of me with a sword impaling him.

"Executioner, take Cassiel to the cell and get rid of the body," Assclown #1 said, looking like he had smelled something bad.

The executioner guy recklessly pulled the blade out of Eros and threw him over his shoulder. Leo followed him, his head bowed down, the marks of the lashes an irritated crimson now, the taunting marks made an avalanche of guilt fill my chest.

I couldn't cry because I still wasn't processing what was happening. Just two nights ago, I talked to Eros and fell asleep beside him. I could still feel the brand of his lips on my skin and there was nothing more that I wanted than to have one last moment with him.

I'd wanted to see him- his face- for so long; and now, I wanted nothing more to just be in my bedroom, with his face shrouded in darkness, saying petaloudá. . .because at least I'd get to feel his presence.

And not see his body, lifeless and limp.

"And release the girl. Make sure she gets home safely. We don't need any more complications," Assclown #2 looked at me, his gaze was slightly sympathetic, showing an inkling of emotion.

Godzilla muttered something and the invisible restraints on my hands dissolved; my wrists felt sore and burnt by rope. "You can't speak though. My head still hurts," Assclown #1 said, and I felt like giving him a glare that would make him shit his fancy-ass pants but I didn't even the heart to move to respond.

"Stop being such a varlot, Raphael. You may speak," Assclown #3 said gently, a hint of a smile on his face. My throat felt cleared up, like I could breathe properly. I even tested out saying some words to make sure the assclown wasn't fucking with me.

"Get up, we're sending you home," Godzilla ordered, standing intimidatingly next to my seat.

"Don't make me repeat myself, mortal," He repeated again, annoyance apparent in his voice.

"Skatá aftó," he mumbled and I swear steam was coming out of his ears. I was about to say, I don't speak Greek Salad but I felt bile rise in my throat. He grabbed my arm, lifting me out of my seat forcefully. I managed to stand up on my own, the world a dizzying blur.

"Do you need help walking as well?" Godzilla irritatedly taunted.

I felt a hot wave of anger create an ugly monster in me. It fed off the overwhelming grief and pain that had left a burning handprint on my chest, infecting every surface of my skin. "Oh, go fuck yourself, Godzilla."

He continued walking, brushing my words off- he even had the audacity to laugh with amusement. "I think I need these just to be safe. And I've been waiting to use these," was all he said before locking my hands with handcuffs.

"If you think these will keep me from cursing you out, you are very, very mistaken," I replied blandly. My voice didn't sound like my own to my ears.

"I wouldn't dream of it," he said, before we entered an empty room. It was small, and was vacant of any furniture. Heaven really needed some interior designing done. "You know, if you weren't human, I think I would actually enjoy your company. Pity, really."

"Why was I brought here?" I asked, before I would return to the painful, painful reality of living in a world where Eros didn't exist anymore.

Godzilla rubbed at his jaw, and he suddenly looked older- through by his appearance he didn't look older than 25. "Raphael wanted Eros to suffer before his death; but Michael suggested that seeing you before he died would be a kindness. I don't know the true reason. Maybe it was both."

I met his eyes tentatively, and I didn't know what to say. "Just send me home, please."

"Of course." And then a few words were muttered by him before I blacked out.

Blacking out twice in less than 24 hours couldn't be good for me.

.

don't forget to vote and comment! (:

HIS ANGEL IS AT 8K READS AHHH